Demo Lock is a fully configurable plugin for WordPress developers that aims to provide a secure environment in the wp-admin interface enabling users to test admin interface plugins in a live demo with extremely limited access to all other WordPress settings. This is a heavily modified version of a plugin originally written by Thomas Griffin (http://thomasgriffinmedia.com/blog/2012/08/create-live-demo-wordpress-plugin/). It has been modified to
be completely plugin-independent and fully customizable through the config.php file, and updated to WordPress 3.5 standards.
- Unzip archive into your plugins directory.
- Open up config.php in your favourite text editor.
- Edit the variable values to reflect your demo plugin settings (by default, all default wp-admin pages and widgets are blocked).
- Save your new config.php file.
- Create a Demo User account in your live WordPress install with the credentials you set in the config.php file under [‘username’] and [‘password’].
- Set the user role for your new demo account to reflect the value set in the [‘role’] variable (default is subscriber).
- Navigate to your plugins page in your admin interface, and enable Demo-Lock.
Contributors & Developers
“Demo Lock” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- First release.