Deleting the old posts in WordPress is a time-consuming task.
With the Delete Old Posts Automatically plugin, you can make this task automatically.
Just set the value for the number of days in the past, and the plugin will automatically delete any post that was published before that.
You can also filter the deleted posts if you want to skip some of them and keep some important ones.
Any blog accumulates, over time, a considerable number of blog posts. If your old blog posts are out-of-date, irrelevant, of poor quality, not useful, don’t get much traffic, and don’t support your blog’s overall goals, you should consider removing them. If your website has hundreds of old posts, deleting them is a time-consuming task.
If any of these blog posts still have organic traffic, it will be automatically redirected, with a 301 code, to the best matching related post.
With the help of this plugin, you will be able to delete the posts automatically and thus save a lot of time. You can decide to permanently delete the posts or put them in the trash.
You can also delete any custom posts, such as WooCommerce products, with ease.
- Automatically delete unwanted posts.
- Automatically delete unwanted custom post types.
- Choose the number of days in the past as a starting point from which to delete posts.
- Choose a fixed date as a starting point from which to delete posts.
- Exclude posts that you don’t want to delete.
- Look for posts that contain a specific phrase.
- Delete only the posts from one or more categories.
- Delete only the custom post types from one or multiple taxonomies.
- Select the relationship that will be applied to taxonomies terms.
- Redirect deleted posts with a status of “301 Moved Permanently” to similar posts on your website.
- Delete posts by the user.
- Delete the post permanently (PRO version).
- Delete post attachments when the post is deleted (PRO version).
Read more on the plugin page on wpmagic.cloud.
If you want, you can help translate the “Delete old posts automatically” plugin into another language. Many thanks!
Please note that there are no guarantees that translations from the original English are accurate.
Spread The Love ❤️
If you love the Delete old Posts automatically plugin, please show your appreciation by leaving a five star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on WordPress.org.
Sharing the word with your friends on Facebook and Twitter you’ll be helping other website owners discover this plugin and benefit from it!
- Go to WordPress Dashboard. Locate Plugins -> Add New
- Search Delete old Posts automatically using the search option
- Find the plugin and click Install Now button
- After installation, click on the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
To install a plugin you just need to put the plugin files into the wp-content/plugins directory. Once a plugin is installed, you may activate it or deactivate it from the Plugins menu in your WP administration. In WordPress 2.7 and above you can install plugins directly from the admin area.
Manual WordPress plugin installs are easy!
- Go to the plugin page and download the plugin.
- Log into your WordPress admin site and go to the Plugins section.
- Click on Upload and select the zip file.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go back to the Plugins section, scroll down, and look for the plugin settings link under plugin name.
Should I take a backup before using this tool?
Yes! You should always take a backup before deleting posts or pages on your website.
What happens if it deletes something I do not want to delete?
You should restore the backup you took of your website before you ran this tool.
What does this plugin do exactly?
The plugin will help you delete the posts automatically.
Contributors & Developers
“Delete old Posts automatically” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Delete old Posts automatically” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Description changed.
- Tested with version 6.2.
- SDK updated to version 2.5.6.
- The SDK was updated to version 2.5.5.
- Fixed: Attachments were not deleted when the featured image was added at a later time to the post from the media library.
- Fixed: WooCommerce product gallery images were not deleted with the product.
- Added: Force delete images option to force delete the attached image from the post even if it is used by another post.
- Improved: The text used for information and descriptions has been improved.
- Fixed: Categories were not available in the filter before saving the filter form.
- Added: translation for italian.
- Fixed: Some WordPress installations display “Warning: [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory” in the PRO version.
- Added: translation for Norwegian.
- Added: translation for Hindi and Bengali.
- Fixed: When the website’s language was changed, the translation did not load.
- Some translation was edited, and some new texts have been translated.
- Added: translation files for Deutsch, Dutch, and French.
- Fixed: when no post types are selected, there is no indication that at least one post type has to be selected when filters are saved. Now the default post type is automatically selected.
- Fixed: attachments are no longer deleted when the same attachment is used in multiple posts (Pro version).
- Changed FAQs
- The SDK was updated to version 2.5.3.
- The SDK was updated to version 2.5.2.
- Changed: added features and FAQs to the readme file.
- Fixed: some settings from the premium version are propagated to the free version when the license key expires.
- Fixed: some texts could not be translated.
- Improved text descriptions about how to calculate the days in the past automatically.
- Added feature: the ability to delete posts based on a fixed date instead of a number of days in the past.
- Fixed: The deleted posts are redirected (301 Moved Permanently) even if the “Redirect the URL of the deleted post to a similar post when requested” option was not activated.
- This version introduces the option to delete the post attachments when the post is deleted.
- This is a major release of the plugin. It is recommended to make a complete backup of your website before updating.
- This version introduces new features like picking a date for the posts, filters, and the capability to manage the deleted posts redirections.
- Now it’s possible to pause and resume the deletion of posts. It’s also possible to filter the deleted posts by custom post types, category, taxonomy, and author.
- You can also specify a list of post ids to exclude, as well as filter the posts based on the search keyword(s).
- Some code improvements have been made.
- WP6.0 compatibility confirmed.
- Code optimisations.
- SDK update. Security release.
- Description changed.
- Description changed.
- Deleted post redirection was added as an option. Now it is possible to automatically redirect to a similar post when the deleted URL is called.
- The post to redirect to will be automatically chosen by the system as the best matching variant.
- More options added for the premium version.
- Description changed.
- Functionality improved.
- Core functionality improved.
- The first version was released.