This plugin lists the top 100 slowest actions and filters during a page request in WordPress. It helps you figure out performance bottlenecks in themes and plugins.
Requires Debug Bar.
- Does not time nested actions and filters due to a core bug
- Does not time actions and filters before plugins_loaded or muplugins_loaded if placed in mu-plugins
- Does not time actions and callbacks after wp_footer at priority 1000
many thanks to author. Excellent plugin!
This is the perfect add-on for the “Debug Bar” plugin.
It helped me to discover why my admin pages were taking 10.5 seconds to load. The plugin showed me that the action “admin_menu” was taking 10.5 seconds to be executed. Investigating all occurences of the string “admin_menu” in my theme code, I found an external request to a web site which is not on-line anymore and, cancelling it, my pages now load in 1.5 seconds.
Contributors & Developers
“Debug Bar Slow Actions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix undefined variable notice
- Fix a couple warnings/notices
- Add support for closure/anonymous functions
- Show all callbacks hooked to each priority
- Fix minor styles
- Code cleanup
- Use wp_footer for output instead of output buffering
- Show callbacks hooked to each action
- First version