You can use DB – Optimize to reclaim the unused space and to defragment the database.
It does not require PhpMyAdmin.
For your tables, DB – Optimize works as follows:
- Repairs the table, if it has deleted rows
- Sorts the index pages
- Updates the table’s statistics, if not up to date
Support languages: english, german and french.
Copyright 2012 by Mpegarts
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- Uncompress the download package
- Upload folder including all files and sub directories to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Start optimize your database using Menu ‘Tools > DB-Optimize’.
- Will I have to configure the plugin ?
No, automatic detection of the database tables and optimization.
Contributors & Developers
“DB – Optimize” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added Multilanguage capability
- Plugin and help is now avalible in english, german and french
- Classes used in plugin to reduce name conflicts
- First stable version