Run a tutorials site with WordPress. This plugin lets you publish step-by-step tutorials, get them rated etc.
Please go to Settings -> Daskal Options page in your administration menu to get started.
What it currently does?
- Adds “Tutorial” post type
- Adds a shortcode for labeling steps
- Steps can be paginated
- Optionally enter tutorial URL to other site and publish just an excerpt
- You can track the hits to the remotely hosted tutorials (coming soon!)
- Set a difficulty level for each tutorial
- Built-in rating functionality
- Manage design templates
- Search tutorials by difficulty levels
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- Unzip the contents and upload the entire
namastedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to “Daskal Options” under “Settings” page to set the general options.
- Go to Tutorials -> Add New to publish a new tutorial.
None yet, please ask in the forum. We welcome feature requests and feedback.
Contributors & Developers
“Daskal” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added tutorial seach by reading time
- Fixed the search queries to allow other plugins extend further
- The search widget can now be configured to show any of the search fields
- fixed problem with adding different posts in the blog flow
- Added wp_nonce fields and minor UI improvements
First public release.