I use the Recent Comments Dashboard widget every single day. It’s the first way I check up on recent activity on my sites. Now that I’ve started using bbPress to power a forum on my site I would like the same bird’s eye view of it too.
This plugin adds a widget to your WordPress Dashboard that pulls in recent activity from your bbPress-driven forum. It will pull in recent topics and replies. The bbPress plugin is required.
The widget displays all new topics and replies, with the ability to either open the post to edit it or to view it on the front end of the site. Currently only admins (or more specifically, those with the
manage_options capability) will see the widget.
The plugin roadmap looks like this:
- Add the basic hover over actions that the Recent Comments widget has (Edit, Spam, Trash).
- Add ability to reply to topics and replies, same as the Recent Comments widget.
Remember that the bbPress plugin is required.
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit your Dashboard to enjoy the new widget.
Contributors & Developers
“Dashboard Forum Activity” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Improved spacing when no forum topics or replies are found.
- Thanks to Gautam Gupta for:
- Swapping the select to an input for a custom number of items,
- Updating a couple of deprecated calls,
- Pointing out an undefined variable.
- Improved the linking of replies. Previously it linked to the reply permalink page. Now it links to its place within the topic itself.
- Introduced some style changes to work better on different Dashboard layouts and tight spaces.
- You probably want the latest activity, don’t you? Yeah, my bad.
- Added a screenshot.
- Plugin’s creation.