This plugin is no longer needed as WordPress 2.7 has a drafts dashboard widget out of the box.
WordPress 2.5 introduces a widgetized dashboard featuring the latest comments and WordPress news.
This plugin creates a new widget for that dashboard that lists out drafts for those wanting to see that data directly on their dashboard.
See Also: Dashboard Widget Manager
Updgrading From A Previous Version
To upgrade from a previous version of this plugin, delete the entire folder and files from the previous version of the plugin and then follow the installation instructions below.
Installing The Plugin
Extract all files from the ZIP file, making sure to keep the file structure intact, and then upload it to
This should result in the following file structure:
- wp-content - plugins - dashboard-draft-posts | dashboard-draft-posts.php | readme.txt
Then just visit your admin area and activate the plugin.
Using The Plugin
The new widget will show up automatically on your dashboard. If you use my Dashboard Widget Manager plugin and have specified a custom widget order, you will need to visit it’s management page and add this new widget to your dashboard.
- Does this plugin support other languages?
Yes, it does. See the WordPress Codex for details on how to make a translation file. Then just place the translation file, named dashboard-draft-posts[value in wp-config].mo`, into the plugin’s folder.
- I love your plugin! Can I donate to you?
Sure! I do this in my free time and I appreciate all donations that I get. It makes me want to continue to update this plugin. You can find more details on my donate page.
Contributors & Developers
“Dashboard: Draft Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Only show post and page drafts (plugins like WP Ajax Edit Comments make “drafts” in the posts table).
- Show “(no title)” for drafts without a title.
- My fetch posts method was wrong. Switched to just a manual query. Not as future proof, but it works and seems to be the only way.
- Don’t make the post title a link if the user can’t edit it.
- Initial release.