A dashboard widget that displays a list of common WordPress directories and their sizes. Handy if you need to keep an eye on the size of your WordPress install. Custom directories can also be configured.
Find us on GitHub
- Do you have any questions?
We can answer them here!
Works great, can add custom folders for it to report on. Thanks for a very useful tool!
By showing not just the sizes of the usual WP directories, but those of any other directories you want to have an eye on as well, Dashboard Directory Size provides useful additional information, not only about the state of one's WP installation, but about one's server in general. From its early stages on, the plugin had an inbuilt caching mechanism, which made sure that the directory size lookup wouldn't be performed every time the Dashboard was opened. The latest version is using an asynchronous REST API request, which appears to be even lighter on resources than before. Time-wise there does not seem to be much difference at all any more, whether or not caching is enabled. Caching does, however, play into the amount of memory used during lookup. On my WP 4.4.5 Multisite Installation running on PHP 7.0.x the difference in memory consumption is in the range of 15-20 MB of additional RAM for a fresh lookup. All-in-all this earns Dashboard Directory Size a well deserved five stars.
v1.6.0 February 24, 2017
- Added a setting for number of decimal places when displaying sizes.
- Added ability to show a sum of all items.
v1.5.0 June 17, 2016
- Viewing/refreshing directory sizes from the dahsboard widget is now done via an async REST API request
v1.4.0 April 27, 2016
- Added WP-CLI support: wp dashboard-directory-size
- Added German translations (thanks Gahapati)
v1.3.0 April 2, 2016
- Updated CSS classes on dashboard widget table
- Made the trimmed path size filterable (defaults to 25 characters)
v1.2.0 September 1, 2015
- Added WP REST API support
- Added .pot file to support upcoming translations
v1.1.0 May 29, 2015
- Added the ability to show the WordPress database size
v1.0.0 April 28, 2015
- Initial release