This plugin allows you to do the following:
1. Hide dashboard widgets from non admin users.
2. Hide core and plugin update messages.
- Extract the downloaded Zip file.
- Upload the ‘dash-widget-manager’ directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the admin dashboard and use the new widget to manage your dashboard widgets.
- Does this plugin interrupt the wordpress update checks?
No. It only hides the messages that appear letting you know an update is available. For the core message the alert function is overridden and it is never printed to the page. For the plugin updates CSS is used to merely hide them.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Dash Widget Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Updating scripts to use my new domain name for documentation links so plugins like wordfence don’t alert users.
Updating readme to reflect compatibility with WP 5.1.
Changed from using wp_get_sites to get_sites to remove a deprecated message and stop using a deprecated function.
Adding a gif to indicate that the dashboard widget is saving.
Complete rework of the plugin. Widgets are now disabled rather than enabled. All options are now managed through a dashboard widget.
Fixed several errors that have popped up since it was abandoned 4 years ago.
Fixed cant send header error on dashboard
Moved some global path variables into the DashWidgetManager class.
removed white space after plugin header and conditional that may cause activaion issues.