Daily Game posts a new flash game to your blog once per day or less frequently if you choose.
Daily Game will help your blog by:
- Starting up conversations on slow days
- Increasing retention since users are playing on your blog
- Help you get links and improve SEO (your site will gain fresh content and flash games get a lot of links!)
- Make you money! Use your own ad code to display an ad while the flash game is loading. These pre-roll ads get very high eCPM!
- Satisfy your readers’ gaming needs!
The games we post are hand picked and guaranteed to attract visitors and improve your blog’s retention.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Unzip the installation file to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin using Settings->Daily Game :
- Set “Plugin Enabled” to Yes
- Visit www.playedonline.com/register_blog to register (input your blog’s url and your email) and get a shared key for authentication.
- Customise the title (useful for non-English blogs) or leave blank for default
- Choose a category for the posts
- Paste ad code (e.g. AdSense) to show a pre-roll ad before the game starts (optional, leave empty to show no ads)
- Choose days of week to post games. Games will be posted only on the days you select.
- Click the Test link you got in the registration e-mail to post a test game.
- Where are the games coming from?
Playedonline.com is a big gaming site with thousands of great flash games. The games are free to use and post everywhere on the web, including your blog!
- Something is wrong, how do I get Support?
Send a mail to dailygame [at] playedonline.com with as many details as possible. We will gladly assist.
- Can I see the plugin in action?
Played Online’s blog is a great place to check : http://www.playedonline.com/blog/
Contributors & Developers
“Daily Game” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- API changes
- Games now open in a modal window, the user must press X to close – the purpose is to prevent the game from closing accidentally
- Fixed bug with the flexible game name 🙂
- Flexible game name
- Enabled use of the game’s category in the post title
- Less bugs, more games
- Several additions and small bug fixes