d12 Message Blocks makes it easy for you to highlight important information on your posts and pages by adding easy-to-notice message blocks. The plugin’s functions are easily accessible from a drop-down menu in the TinyMCE editor toolbar.
There are two types of message blocks. The first type provides a title and prompts you for the message block’s content. The second type prompts you for both a title and the content.
Want to see it in action? Check out my demo page.
Additional documentation is available on my wiki.
- Will this plugin work with all themes?
It should. I haven’t tested it with all themes, but I’ve written it in such a way that it should. If you encounter issues, please post a link to your site in the support forum along with a description of your issue.
- Is this plugin responsive?
Yes. It should look good on all mobile devices, although on extremely narrow screens, the icon will shift to the top.
- Can I change the border or background colors?
New in 2.0 You can now select from 10 different border styles and 11 different color schemes from the plugin’s options page.
- I can’t see the toolbar buttons.
Click on the “Toggle Toolbar” button at the end of the first row.
- Can I add links or lists?
You can add any html you like in the popup window, and it will be passed to the visual editor. If you are not comfortable editing html, it is easier to add links or lists after you have clicked “OK” and been returned to the visual editor.
- Fixed a bug with the stylesheets not loading
- Fixed a bug with the “Part of a Series” message block
- Changed demo location to new plugin demo site
- Fixed an issue with some shortcodes appearing at the beginning of the post instead of where they were inserted in post.
- Added an option page allowing users to select from 10 different border styles and 11 different color schemes.
- Plugin is now translatable
- Initial release