Cyclone Slider 2 is an easy-to-use slideshow plugin with an intuitive user interface. It’s simple yet extensible.
Why Use It?
- Simplified workflow: 1.) Add slides 2.) Set slideshow properties 3.) Choose a template 4.) Publish! You can choose between a shortcode or a php function (for themes) to display.
- Supports 5 different slide types: image, YouTube, Vimeo, custom HTML, and testimonial slides.
- Translation ready and RTL support. Ideal for languages other than English.
- Comes with 4 core templates: Dark, Default, Standard and Thumbnails.
- Advance template system. Not happy with the core templates? The template system allows developers to customize the slideshow appearance and behavior. Perfect for every client projects. More info on templating here.
- Selective loading. Load only the scripts and styles that you need.
- Import/export selected slideshows. Moving your slideshow to a different website? No problemo.
- It’s FREE!
- Ability to add per-slide transition effects.
- Customizable tile transition effects.
- Unlimited sliders.
- Unique settings for each slider.
- Supports random slide order.
- Shortcode for displaying sliders anywhere in your site.
- Ability to import images from NextGEN (NextGEN must be installed and active).
- Ability to use qTranslate quick tags for slide title and descriptions (qTranslate must be installed and active).
- Allows title and alt to be specified for each slide images.
- Comes with a widget to display your slider easily in widget areas.
- Ability to fine tune the script settings. You can choose what scripts to load and where to load them.
Cyclone Slider Pro
Cyclone Slider Pro offers even more features:
- Allow wrap. Slideshow wraps to beginning slide if it reaches the end slide.
- Dynamic height. For slides with varying height.
- Delay. Delay start of slideshow
- Easing. Some cool transition effects.
- Swipe. Swipe gesture support for touch devices.
- 6 resize options: Fit, Fill, Crop, Exact, Exact Width, Exact Height
- Ability to change the image quality: Low, Medium, High, Very High, Max
- And two additional templates: Text and Galleria
- Aubin BERTHE for the French translation.
- maxgx for the Italian translation.
- Hassan for the Arabic translation.
- Javad for the Persian translation.
- Borisa Djuraskovic for the Serbo-Croatian translation.
- Gabriel Gil and Digital03 for the Spanish translation.
Do you want to translate Cyclone Slider 2 manually into your language? Check this tutorial.
GPLv3 – http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
- Why is my slider not working?
Also check if you are using jQuery Cycle 1 script by viewing your page source. jQuery Cycle2 won’t work if both are present.
- How do I pause an auto running slider when I play a YouTube or Vimeo video?
Sorry but its not currently supported as it requires loading the YouTube API which is an extra overhead. A solution would be to disable auto transition.
- Why is there is an extra slide that I didn’t add?
Most probably its wordpress adding paragpraphs on line breaks next to the slides therefore adding a blank
<p>slide. You can try adding this to functions.php:
- Where do I add my own templates?
One of the best support I have ever experienced. Nico went above and beyond the call of duty to help fix issues and provide fantastic customer support. I highly recommend it!
Excellent plugin, easy to use and add multiple sliders. Great for full width sliders and easily customisable, with custom HTML option for slides.
2.12.4 – 2016-08-10
- Fix for worst image quality bug.
- Merged with Grafika 1.4.0.
2.12.3 – 2016-07-19
- Fix for require_once not finding relative paths and fatal error when saving non image slides.
2.12.2 – 2016-07-18
- Fix for parsing error in PHP versions 5.2 due to missing namespace support.
2.12.1 – 2016-07-09
- Fix autoloader not finding namespaced classes.
- Updated Grafika from source.
2.12.0 – 2016-07-06
- Now uses Grafika for image editing.
- Added link in slide preview image that opens in new tab when clicked.
2.11.0 – 2016-03-30
- New. Templates can now be added using a sub-plugin. See docs.
- New filter cycloneslider_view_vars. See docs for a full list of filters.
- Change overall textdomain handling to be compatible with wordpress.org translation.
- Improved message and warnings for template locations.
- Change the Hide checkbox to Hidden to better convey the action.
- Added Upgrade to Pro link in publish metabox.
- Move cycloneslider_image_sizes filter out of plugins_loaded to fire at a later time.
- Fix. Author will now show up even without a link for testimonials.
- Updated license to GPLv3
2.10.7 – 2015-03-03
- Fix Width Management and Resize Images not working.
2.10.6 – 2015-03-01
- New. Added security checks to export zip.
- Fix. Multi-language not working.
- Change. Updated main .pot language file.
- Change. Modified plugin header to match the current WordPress requirements.
- Fix. Escaped all echo of dynamic variables inside view files for security.
- Change. Move screenshots to svn assets. Results to lesser plugin file size.
- Change. Added classes for improved updater for Pro.
- Fix. Fixed fatal error when ZipArchive is missing from PHP.
- New. Added ‘cyclone_slider_services’ filter.
- Fix. Fixed error opening zip file in exporter.
- Fix. Fixed Strict Standards error in PHP 5.4 and above
- New. Added ability to enable/disable slide.
- New. Added ability to import and export sliders.
- Change. Major refactoring. Code now using service definitions.
2.9.7 – 2015-01-30
- Fix nextgen gallery integration
2.9.6 – 2015-01-12
- Fix template Thumbnail thumb images not working when resize is false.
- Fix missing alt attribute in slide images for Standard template.
- Added error check for scandir in template locations.
- Repositioned settings fields. Resize Images and Force Resize are now together.
- Updated cycloneslider.pot
2.9.5 – 2015-01-03
- Fix. Thumbnail template thumb images now working.
- New. Added support for custom image sizes.
- Change. Removed cyclone_slide_image_url function from Thumbnail template and used $slide[‘image_thumbnails’][’40_40_crop’] instead.
- Change. Refactored Data and ImageResizer class.
- Fix. Wrong class name Image_Resizer changed to CycloneSlider_ImageResizer.
2.9.4 – 2015-01-02
- Fix. Improved safety checks for POST data when saving sliders.
- Fix. Deleting a single slide now works. This was a regression bug due to previous POST data safety check code.
- Fix. Safety check for array keys when displaying a slider.
- Fix. Restored $cyclone_slider_saved_done global variable.
2.9.3 – 2014-12-19
- Fix. Templates config now use json instead of ini format. Solves the problem with hosting that has parse_ini_file disabled for security reasons.
- Change. Code cleanup. Removed commented and unused codes.
- Change. Improved view class. Change codes related to view rendering.
- Change. Moved template location declaration to main plugin file.
- Change. Moved global function responsibility in templates to Data class.
- Change. Use DI container for image editor class
- Change. Change autoloader and hook names.
- Change. Updated language files.
- Change. Updated screen icon code.
2.9.1 – 2014-12-10
- Fix. Restored missing widget code.
2.9.0 – 2014-12-09
- Change. Major code refactoring for future features to be easily added
2.8.4 – 2014-09-04
- Updated spanish language files
- Added compatibility with WP 4.0
2.8.3 – 2014-08-20
- Fix. Admin menu icon for WP 3.9+.
- Fix. Language files load path.
2.8.2 – 2014-01-10
- New. Added testimonial slide type. Now you can create testimonial sliders.
- New. Added support for testimonial slides in Dark and Standard templates.
- New. Added Spanish translation by Gabriel Gil.
- New. Added Serbo-Croation translation by Borisa Djuraskovic.
- Change. Added a few responsive tweaks in admin.css for the template selection area.
- Change. Removed unused codes.
2.8.1 – 2014-01-02
- New. Added ability to disable related videos in YouTube slide.
- New. Slide title now appends the slide caption of there is one.
- New. MP6 color schemes. Added subtle cosmetic changes to UI depending on what admin color scheme was selected.
- Change. Made hide_non_active false only if using dynamic height and YouTube/Vimeo slides. For backwards compatibility with older templates.
- Change. Removed old problematic video slide.
- Fix. Fixed Vimeo error when URL fails to load.
- Fix. Fix for very long slide titles.
- Fix. Bug fix for PHP warning in template selection when template is unchecked in settings page.
2.8.0 – 2013-12-29 – This is a major release
- New. Added support for YouTube, Vimeo and Custom slide types in Text template.
- New. Added support for YouTube and Vimeo slide types in Dark template.
- New. Added “Location” column in template selection panel.
- New. Added warning when a template is located in the currently active theme directory. It warns the user of potential deletion of the template when a theme is updated.
- New. Added template directory in wp-content/cycloneslider/. This is now the recommended directory to store custom or modified templates to survive update nukes.
- New. Added width_management to shortcode attributes.
- Change. hide_non_active is now always set to false for getBoundingClientRect to not return zero.
- Fix. Minor change for directory separator on active theme location.
- Fix. Fixed inacurate next slide height reading by using getBoundingClientRect() instead of outerHeight().
- Fix. Added check to fix PHP warning when Vimeo URL is blank.
2.7.7 – 2013-11-26
- New. Added ability to select multiple images to add as slides
2.7.6 – 2013-10-13
- New. Added support for YouTube and Vimeo slide types in thumbnails template.
- New. Added ability to fetch thumbnails of videos from youtube.com and vimeo.com. The thumbnails template will use this to display the thumbnails in its pager.
2.7.5 – 2013-10-10
- Fix. Fix critical error with slider not working caused by easing plugin.
- New. Added ability to add a title to slider widget.
- Change. Modified easing plugin to v1.3.1.
- Change. Added minified version of easing plugin.
2.7.4 – 2013-10-01
- Fix. Fix dynamic height for templates.
- Change. Added RTL support and sanitize output in templates.
2.7.3 – 2013-09-28
- Fix. Fix issue on Default template where caption is not visible on images that are taller than the slider.
- Change. Returned slider auto height from sentinel to ratio for wider support and backward compatibility.
- Change. Updated screenshots for wordpress.org.
2.7.2 – 2013-09-27
- New! Added ability in Settings page to enable/disable templates.
- Change. Move settings page form to its own view file.
2.7.1 – 2013-09-23
- Added Width Management option. Three options available: Responsive (default), Full width, and Fixed width. Templates that support this feature are Dark, Default, Standard and Thumbnails.
- Added Dark template with RTL support.
- Standard template is now the selected template when creating new sliders.
- Moved Title and Description to Caption accordion in slide edit screen.
- Returned other shortcode options removed in 2.7.0. All shortcode options restored except template. Template can only be changed in admin.
- Fix caption text-align:left for templates standard, default and thumbnails along with RTL support.
- Updated language files
2.7.0 – 2013-09-19 – This is a major release
- Slider preview!
- Added YouTube and Vimeo slide types. Deprecated Video slide type.
- Added Standard template as de-facto template which has support for Image, YouTube, Vimeo, and Custom HTML slide types.
- Standard template supports RTL and uses pure CSS for buttons.
- YouTube and Vimeo videos will now pause when changing to a different slide when using the Standard template.
- Admin UI is now retina and MP6 ready.
- Compacted template selection UI. Removed template thumbnail preview as a slider preview is now available in admin.
- Updated language files.
- Lots of new slider variables added for use in templates. Will update documentation soon.
- Removed other shortcode options except id. Example: [cycloneslider id=”default”]
- Pro version now available with many more features.
2.6.4 – 2013-08-14
- Bug fix for 2.6.3 where settings page stopped working.
- Minor fix for RTL.
- Added Persian translation by Javad.
2.6.3 – 2013-08-13
- Made non-translatable texts translatable.
- Added RTL support for the admininistration screen.
- Change pin icon to media in the admin menu.
- Added Arabic translation. Special thanks to Hassan for this and the items above.
- Added function
cyclone_sliderfor displaying slider in template files instead of using
- Added button that links to a tutorial on how to create your own template.
2.6.2 – 2013-08-08
- Reverted red screen options to default color.
- Fix bug with ugly old media gallery (pre 3.5).
- Added Italian translation from maxgx.
- Change greater-than to its character entity for
2.6.1 – 2013-08-05
- Fixed issue with Shortcodes Ultimate.
- Updated screenshots.
2.6.0 – 2013-08-04
- Warning: Old templates will break in this version! You can either use the new templates or migrate the older templates. Check this post.
- Load scripts and styles normally as separate requests for better compatibility with other plugins and server setup. Removed template-assets.php which consolidates assets into a single request.
- Added cyclone slider settings page.
- Language files now loaded when using WPML.
- Added Get Codes metabox to easily grab the slider codes.
- Added Slideshow ID metabox to easily change the slider ID.
2.5.6 – 2013-07-30
- Fix broken nextgen importer from last update.
- Refactor code for better template management in admin.
2.5.5 – 2013-07-25
- Removed templates Black, Blue, and Myrtle from plugin’s folder for better performance.
- Used get_posts instead of WP_Query when getting a slider to avoid filters that might cause conflict.
2.5.4 – 2013-07-20
- Added Youtube template that pauses the video when slider is transitioning.
2.5.3 – 2013-05-10
- Bug fix for child themes where slider is not working
2.5.2 – 2013-04-26
- Added template asset loader to get rid of the compiled css and js that are rewritten on the file system on every save
- Move template handling logic to its own class to be used by the template asset loader independently
- Removed upgrade notice
2.5.1 – 2013-03-29
- Bug fix to allow small images to be inserted.
- Improved cyclone_settings.
- Improved slider not found message.
- Updated cycle 2 js files.
- Added plugin version to fix caching problem on JS and CSS.
- Added upgrade notice.
2.5.0 – 2013-03-21 – This is a major release
- More slide types to choose from: image, video (youtube and vimeo) and custom HTML.
- Added icons to the UI to indicate different slide types.
- Replaced cookies with localstorage to store UI status.
- Updated the templates to support the various slide types.
- Added resize and random options.
- Bug fix for fatal error when no GD library. Added gd_info check.
- Bug fix for js error on WP below 3.5 caused by the 3.5 media library object being undefined.
- Deprecated cycloneslider_thumb use cyclone_slide_image_url instead.
- Deprecated cycloneslider_settings use cyclone_settings instead.
- Deprecated cycloneslider_slide_settings use cyclone_slide_settings instead.
- Various UI fixes and code refactoring.
2.2.5 – 2013-02-23
- Bug fix for 2.2.4
2.2.4 – 2013-02-22
- Now compiles the template CSS and JS files instead of using template_redirect hook. This is to fix problems with some users reporting broken css and js.
- Minified CSS and JS for templates.
- Compiles needed CSS and JS only instead of loading all CSS and JS from all templates.
- Added template column to all slider screen.
- Updated language files
2.2.3 – 2013-02-14
- Added option for random slide order on every page visit.
- Refactored some code.
- Added image count to all slider screen.
2.2.2 – 2013-02-05
- Updated language files.
- Bug Fix. Post Type Switcher fix via jquery.
- UI Enhancement. Removed overflow for templates.
- Ignore image resize if slider dimension is equal to the image dimension.
- UI Enhancement. Decrease drag delay for slide sortables in editor.
2.2.1 – 2012-12-25
- Added Cyclone Slider 2 widget.
2.2.0 – 2012-12-24
- Updated cycle 2 to latest version.
- Updated template selection interface to be more visual. A screenshot of each slider template is now shown.
- Added Tile Count and Tile Position for both slider and per-slide settings.
- Cleanup Quick Edit screen to hide unused user interface.
- Slide box titles can now be clicked to open and close the slide box.
- Removed drag icon from slide box title. Slide box can now be dragged by click-holding the slide title area.
- Updated template API functions.
- Updated plugin screenshot.
- Refactored various code parts.
- Added ability to add script.js in templates
- Added ability to add screenshot.jpg in templates.
- Updated templates.
- Added fix to preserved PNG transparency.
- Fix save routine to allow saving empty slides and to preserve order of slides after drag and/or deletion of slide.
2.1.1 – 2012-11-16
- Fix for a code typo error
2.1.0 – 2012-11-16
- Fix for slider not working when NextGEN 1.9.7 is active
- You can now import images from NextGEN
2.0.1 – 2012-11-09
- Bug fix for hover pause
2.0.0 – 2012-10-28