The WordPress customizer is an amazing tool that developers can use to make their themes easily customizable by their users.
However, creating fields for it requires quite a bit of coding, and lots of trips to the Codex. WPCUI uses a user-friendly design
to allow the developer to create sections and controls, and get on to what really matters… creating amazing websites!
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wpcuidirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Navigate to the Customizer UI page found on the left of the admin panel
- Create a new section by naming it
- Create any controls for the section. Give each control an ID.
- Utilize the controls in your theme code by pulling the saved value for the control. ie. get_theme_mod(‘control_id’)
Contributors & Developers
“Customizer UI” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- New page to set a global control id prefix
- New Section Manager page which allows for changing priorities of all sections, including core sections
- Section Manager also allows the user to change the visibility of any section, including core sections
- Main customizer builder page now has a ‘duplicate’ button on each section, allwing the user to completely duplicate a section and all controls within.
- Minor updates to fix information on plugin listing
- First public release!