This widget combines the features of two other widget: Custom Etsy Widget and Etsy Sidebar Widget. This allows you to display Etsy items from your favourites or a store in a sidebar widget, without relying on an iframe or Flash. This allows you to integrate the widget into your theme with ease.
You can choose to show items in a random order, or newest items.
This plugin requires cURL.
You can see it action at http://www.phoebec.com
As this is my first attempt at a WordPress widget, there may be some bugs. Please use the contact form on my website or send me a convo on Etsy to report bugs. Please do this before reporting the widget as “Broken”.
The term “Etsy” is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. This application uses the Etsy API but is not endorsed or certified by Etsy, Inc.
- How can I report a bug or suggest a new feature?
- Why is my latest item is not showing up?
Etsy developer guidelines suggest that item results should be cached for 6 hours to reduce the amount of load on their servers.
- How can I change how it looks?
Because the widget does not add a Flash element or an iframe, the theme CSS should be inherited from the sidebar style.
The table that the widget builds has the class etsyItemTable, which can be used to style the widget. If you want to override the default styles, you can do so using the !important keyword.
- Why does it take so long to load occasionally?
By default, the widget refreshes the data every 6 hours, which can be a lengthy process if you have a lot of items in your store/favourites. The next time you load the page you will notice the time is significantly less.
You can customise this behaviour in the Advanced settings section of the widget control panel.
If you get script execution timeouts, I suggest you change to displaying newest items, as this restricts the data update to only the number of items you are displaying.
- Why are my favourites not showing?
You must have your favourites set to public for you to be able to show your favourites with this widget.
- Initial release.
- Added configurable cache behavior – 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, Manual
- Added cache directory setting – defaults to sys_get_temp_dir()
- Cache now cleared and re-populated when changes are made to settings
- Additional configuration of store link
- Improved cache refresh – now only refreshes when saving settings that change cach requirements
- Updated screenshots and readme
- Added ability to show items from a store section only
- Began improvements to settings panel
- Fixed bug in showing random favourites
Updated widget to support WordPress 3.2 when released – jQuery updated to 1.6
Updated to new Etsy API URLs. Improved error handling and other improvements suggested by alx359
Option to open links in new window. Tweak to file handling.
Removed PHP short tags. Thanks Workshopshed