The Custom Post Background plugin for WordPress adds a great deal of visual customization ability to your blog posts and page appearances. It allows you to easily change the background of individual blog posts/pages using CSS or an image URL (with or without a x/y/both repeat).. For any page, CPB displays a meta-box with fields where you can then make your background customizations.
You can change the background with CSS/URL of image to apply to only the background of the post, only on the background of the home/main page, or both pages.
The “Color” feild option allows you to quickly make background changes using the background-color CSS code. You can enter any color (such as “red,” “blue,” “green”) or enter a hex value, like: #A9A7A7. You can also change the whole page background (not just the post background) of any individual post with the “Display as page background on post page” option.
Version 126.96.36.199 Updates
-Added paging to administration area.
Version 188.8.131.52 Updates
-Added option of setting background image to image in media page
Version 184.108.40.206 Updates
-Removed css field DEFAULT value
-Implemented database version update
-Admin page changed to meta-box on Page/Post edit pages
-Display type changed from radio buttons to drop down list
Version 220.127.116.11 Updates
-Added Whole Page option – As “Page Background” but with transparent Post/Page background
- Download the custom-post-background.zip
- Navigate to the plugins page in your administrator panel.
- Click the Plugin Browser/Install link.
- Under “Install a plugin in .zip format” choose the custom-post-background.zip file
- Click Install Now.
- After it has installed, activate the plugin.
- How do I edit a page’s background?
- Navigate to the editor for the Page you want to add/edit the background image
- Locate the “Page Background” meta-box
- Modify the settings to your liking.
- Click the “Update” button to confirm your changes.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Post Background” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors