Do you want to add site announcements, contributor guidelines or help to the WordPress dashboard?
This plugin adds a widget with custom text to the dashboard. Great for Admin-only announcements or making a short README text block for your site contributors. You can display basic help or include links to more detailed information. The premium version has more options and allows you to disable/hide any or all default dashboard widgets.
Important! If you're upgrading from Version 1.0, make sure you follow the correct installation procedure.
- Display general site announcements
- Add guidelines for content, category usage, or image sizes that fit the theme
- Tell contributors when they should use pages, posts, or custom write panels
- Provide links to more detailed "contributor help" pages or posts
- Includes the same WYSIWYG editor your posts do, so you can format your widget content more easily.
- Lightweight - For most users, only the widget display and help functions (less than 100 lines of code) are loaded. Management functions are only loaded if the user can manage the plugin.
- Selectively disable any or all default WordPress dashboard widgets, for all users (the widget list occasionally changes; the plugin can disable all default widgets for WP v. 3.1 to 3.8.2)
- Keep the widget visible, open, and above other widgets on the dashboard, regardless of user settings.
- Apply custom colors to the widget title bar to make it stand out.
- Restrict access to this plugin's settings to site administrators, even if other roles can manage plugins.