This is a simple wordpress plugin that shows which book(s) you are currently reading. It uses the Google Books and OpenLibrary APIs, and can show the covers as well as the previews of the books.
What this plugin offers:
- Look a book up by its ISBN number
- Show the book cover, including the book information you choose (book title, author, ISBN number)
- Add your thoughts on the current book (optional)
- Show the previously read book (optional)
- Supports widget mode.
The author of this plugin is Bostjan Cigan, visit the homepage.
Visit the homepage of the plugin.
- Upload the plugin directory to to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php currently_reading_book(); ?>in your templates or add the widget ‘Currently Reading Book’ to the theme you are currently using
None at the moment.
Contributors & Developers
“Currently Reading Book” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- [Fix] Fixed a bug in the code; would prevent activation of plugin on servers that have short tags disabled.
- If a book isn’t found in Google Books, it now also uses Openlibrary APIs.
- Added the option to open book preview in new window.
- Changed admin area.
- Fixed non-update ‘Previously reading book’ bug
- Fixed ‘not accepting html tags’ in custom book description bug
- Fixed output bug if previous book wasn’t inputted yet.
- Updated to version 1.0, marked as stable.
- Minor code optimization.
- The initial version of the plugin.