After installation, go to Plugins -> Add New
In addition to the default Featured, Popular, Recommended & Favorites, there will be two new tabs called ‘New’ and “Beta Testing” which enable you to explore and install the plugins most recently added to the WordPress.org plugin directory.
From version 1.2.0 of this plugin, the “New Plugins” tab is the first tab and is selected by default.
- Upload the plugin folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Are the plugins shown on the new tab really the newest ones?
The plugins shown are the ones returned by WordPress.org at https://wordpress.org/plugins/browse/new/
- Won’t using this plugin encourage me to install loads of plugins I don’t need on my site?
It is probably a good idea to use this on a test site to check out new plugins before installing them on your live site.
- Can I also see the most recently updated plugins?
This plugin does not support that, but you can see this in your browser by going to https://wordpress.org/plugins/browse/updated/
- I am using the plugin and I love it. How can I show my appreciation?
You can donate any amount via my donation page.
If you find this plugin useful, I would also appreciate a review on the plugin review page
- Are there any other free plugins by the same author?
Yes these are listed on the cubecolour plugins page on WordPress.org.
Thanks for creating this plugin, just saved my life!
Worth the install and works as advertised…super job !!
Missed this since the plugins screen was revamped some time ago. Thanks for bringing it back. 😉
Thank you for this plugin and I agree with the perthmetro’s comment: this should be core
Contributors & Developers
“Cubecolour New Plugins” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Made “New Plugins” the first/default Tab (thanks to ) bigjake36 in the support forum for the suggestion
- Added Beta Testing Tab
- Initial Version