Obfuscate your email address by using a simple shortcode. Because the obfuscation is purely done in CSS, the email address remains readable for screen reader software.
Email address only:
Clickable email address:
Clickable email address with custom link text:
[css-email-obfuscator mailto="yes" email="firstname.lastname@example.org"]Contact me[/css-email-obfuscator]
- Upload the
- Activate the plugin (CSS Email Obfuscator) through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Use the shortcode in any post, page or custom post type.
- Are screen readers able to read the obfuscated email address?
Yes, because obfuscation is made using pure CSS.
- Is the clickable email address still obfuscated?
Yes, but due to the limitations of CSS, the contents of the
hrefattribute will be encoded as ASCII entities.
- Does the plugin work with punnycode (umlaut) domains in email addresses?
Yes, as long as your blog’s charset is set to UTF-8 (wich is default).
Contributors & Developers
“CSS Email Obfuscator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “CSS Email Obfuscator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release