CP Import allows you to move your newspaper from College Publisher to WordPress in a snap.
CP Import will import your articles, sections, authors, and media into WordPress without you breaking a sweat.
Simply install and activate this plugin, navigate to Tools -> CP Import and follow the on screen directions, and you’ll be up an running in about two hours.
This plugin currently only supports export files from CP 4. It is untested with CP 5.
- When importing media from an article, CP Import will add a
[gallery]tag to the end of the post’s content
- When searching for users, CP Import looks to see if a username following the
firstname.lastnamemodel exists. If not, it will create a new account for that name and generate a random password. For this account to be usable, you will need to manually set a password.
I’d like to thank Brian Schlansky for documentating the Miami Hurricane’s move from CP to WordPress. I’d have been lost without it.
Also, thanks to Daniel Bachhuber of CoPress for the publicity and feature requests.
Lastly, Thank WordPress, for developing such a customizable publishing platform.
- Upload the
cp_import/directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to Tools -> CP Import and follow the on-screen insturctions
- Did College Publisher write this plugin?
No. This plugin was written by John Luetke (johnl1479) to aid in the Marquette Tribune’s move from College Publisher to WordPress. Niether the College Media Network nor MTV Networks support or endorse this plugin.
- Is this compatible with WordPress MU?
Yes. This plugin was developed using WordPress MU, but does not use any MU-specific features, so it should be fully compatibile with WordPress as well.
- What versions of College Publisher will this work with?
This plugin was written using CP 4 export files. It has not been tested with CP 5 export files. If you have CP 5 export files and would like to send them to me, I will try to make this plugin compatible.
Version 1.5 introduces partial support for CP5.
- Will this import my paper’s Custom Pages?
Not as of now, however, if demand asks, a future version will.