Display an animated countdown clock for an event of your choice. Select from a choice of countdown designs, colors and sizes.
- Choice of colors for texts and background,
- Choice of clock layouts, e.g. vertical or horizontal,
- Choice of animations and pictures, e.g. falling confetti background,
- Set the texts, date, time and timezone of your choice,
- Or use the list of preset events like Christmas, Summer, Olympics and World Cup countdown
- See the full range of events and designs at mycountdown.org
- Download the zip file and extract the contents,
- Upload the
countdown-clockfolder to your WP plugin folder
- Go to Plugins > Plugins, and activate the plugin
- Go to Appearance > Widgets, and drag the widget to a sidebar,
- Open countdown clock’s settings menu and customize the clock,
- Select the “Type of Event”; either predefined events like “Holiday” – “Christmas”
- Or personalized events, e.g. “Celebration” – “Birthday”,
- Save the selection,
- Select your event from “List of Events”.
- Type in the pre-event text, and the event time text message,
- For a full CUSTOM EVENT: (a) select the “My Countdown” event type, then (b) from “List of Events” dropdown choose “My Countdown”
- Please Email us on widgets(at)mycountdown.org with any problems. We appreciate the help in improving the plugin.
- If you are happy with the widget, we would appreciate if you take the time to give us a positive rating. Thanks.
- I am getting a “Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: datetimezone”
Versions 1.2+ of the plugin requires at least version 5.x of PHP. To run the plugin with PHP4 servers, design the widget directly in mycountdown.org/getwidget, take the widget code and paste it into a WordPress “Text” widget on the sidebar. Alternatively use version 1.1 of the plugin, which does not have timezone support.
- My wordpress is older than 2.8
Download version 1.3 of the countdown-clock, which is compatible with 1.5 or higher
- I cannot find the event I want
Have a quick look in mycountdown.org, and search for your event, e.g. halloween, christmas, birthday, wedding, or pregnancy. Then go to “Event Type” dropdown, choose and save your selection. Then go to countdown drop-down and find your countdown, save the selection.
- I want my own event
Select “My Countdown” event type and save, then choose from the “list of events” drop-down, and save again. A date and text input boxes will appear for your messages.
- Can I paste the countdown onto my page on a post, rather than a sidebar
- I cannot input my chosen message
Some events are preset e.g. Christmas, and the dates have been preset for you. Some events are customizable e.g. Birthday. Go to “Event type” dropdown, choose “My countdown”, save settings. Text boxes will appear for your event and the message on the day of the event.
- How do I customize the colours?
Go to the Appearance->Widgets tab in your wordpress admin panel, and choose click on settings for the countdown clock, select text, border and background colors from the drop downs
- Why do I need to choose the event type and countdown type ?
Choosing the event type will provide the best selection of background pictures and animations
- Can I set the time of day and world timezone for the event ?
Yes, select from the timezone dropdown select the time zone in your area.
- Can I set the time of day for the event ?
Yes, select the hour of your event
- Can I have multiple widgets on the sidebar ?
Yes, versions 1.4 upwards allow multiple widgets on the sidebar and page.
- Is there support ?
Further support is available at mycountdown.org/support,
- Email & Twitter
Any problems please email me, email is widgets at mycountdown.org. Or send a message on twitter.com/mycountdown
Works. But if a user clicks on the animation, it goes straight to http://mycountdown.org/My_Countdown/ with no options to change it. I’m not going to sit and hack the code just to get rid of it. On to next countdown software
How desperate can someone be for clicks that they force uninterested people to go to their site? Enforced clicks make this an awful plugin – uninstalled
I’ve got the countdown displayed on http://storyandcompany.com in the content’s sidebar. On my PC desktop, it displays fine. When viewed on a Kindle or iPhone 5, there’s no styling and everything crunched together, while on an iPad Air it displays properly. Do you have any resolve for issues with mobile devices?
Contributors & Developers
“Countdown Clock” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Released 10/06/2011
- Upgraded plugin internals with WordPress Widget Class for (i) improved admin panel, (ii) multiple countdowns on the sidebar, and (iii) compatibility with future WordPress releases
- Released 07/06/2011
- Added time of day option
- Released 08/03/2011
- Added timezone option
- Released 03/09/2010
- Added popular Fireworks design
- Released 08/02/2010
- First release includes most layouts