Adds Cornify (cornify.com) to your WordPress. After five seconds of inactivity the site will show unicorns
to the visitor until they interact with the site again. This was developed primarily as an April fools joke.
Just activate the plugin and if you don’t interact with your site you should see unicorns. There is no control panel, at least for the moment.
See FAQ for manual options. When you’re done with it and had enough, just deactivate it.
- The plugin doesn’t seem to work. Do I need anything special in my theme?
Yes, your theme must have a call to
php wp_footer(); ?>at the very bottom right before the “ tag.
- Can I change the interval of the unicorns?
Yes, you can change
var idol_time = 5000;in
js/cornify.jsto the number of (milli)seconds you would like before unicorns start showing up.
Contributors & Developers
“Cornify for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested with WordPress 5.3.1
- Update external call to Cornify.com to use https to avoid mixed content warnings.
- Tested with WordPress 4.9 RC2
- Removed manual
cornify-wordpress.phpplugin is now always on. This option may come back as an option.
- Added JS to the footer instead of the header
- Moved JS to a folder instead of in the root
- Renamed utils.js to cornify.js
- Just launched.