To comply with the May 2011 EU cookie law whose enforcement will start in May 2012 for UK website owners, this plugin welcomes your first time visitors with
a custom message asking for their consent using cookies on your website and redirects them out of your site if they disagree. It is a solution that strictly
complies with the law.
You can customize the message displayed as well as the text of the ‘I agree’ button and of the ‘I disagree’ link.
This plugin was written with the EU cookie law in mind but can be used for any terms and conditions you need your visitors to approve before
viewing your site.
To customize the message displayed
Settings > Cookie Warning. On that page, you will be able to change: the message displayed, the redirect link – when visitors do not accept the cookies,
the wording of the ‘Accept’ button and ‘Do not accept’ link.
- How can I preview the changes I make to my cookie warning message?
The point is to display the message on the user’s first visit only, which makes it tricky to preview the changes you make to the cookie warning message…
Two ways around that:
- View your site in a web browser with which you haven’t viewed the site yet.
- Clear your browser of cookies – I know… Any website feature that requires the discrimination between first time and returning visitor needs to rely on… cookies! Hopefully
- Where do I go to report bugs and for complaints, moans, suggestions or to sing your praises?
Just send an email to info at majweb dot co dot uk
So some bureaucrat decided that websites need to show some spiel on their websites that a user is being tracked. This law is as ridiculous as having a warning on rat poison that you can only see after you have eaten the rat poison!
But that being said, this cookie works well. I had it on my website but I have disabled it for the time being as I'm not sure if I really need to be telling people they are in a trap after they have entered the trap.
- Fixed cookie clearing bug.
- Fix bug on iPhone.
- Doesn’t add ‘#’ to the url anymore when user approves or rejects message.
- Message doesn’t appear at all for users who disabled cookies in their browser
- Corrected incompatibility with a series of gallery/slideshow plugins and themes