This is a utility for converting lots of posts or pages to a custom post type (or vice versa). You can limit the conversion to posts in a single category or children of specific page. You can also assign new taxonomy terms, which will be added to the posts’ existing terms.
This plugin is useful for converting many posts at once. If you’d rather do one at a time, use Post Type Switcher instead.
This little gem sure works.
Very nice plugin that did the job really well. Thumbs up to the author !
- Refactored some code and added WPML support. Props Jenny Beaumont.
- Fixed a problem with the “Convert” button overlapping the footer in WP 3.8x
- Failing to select a to/from post type now gives an error instead of converting posts to an invalid type.
- Things converted to posts do not receive the default category if other categories are set.
- Flat taxonomies are now set correctly.
- Various query-related bugs fixed, like all pages being converted even if a parent was chosen.
- Fixed a notice on the admin screen.
- Fixed compatibility problem with WordPress 3.3.
- Using built-in functions instead of database queries for better caching and support for hooks.
- Removed private post types (like nav menu items) from the dropdown menus to prevent accidents. Only public post types are available for switching.
- First release (June 30, 2010)