Contributer transforms your blog into a place of collaboration. Adds a basic front-end post creator form via shortcode to your blog and enable your visitors to submit posts and upload images or videos. Our user-submitted posts plugin taps into the standard post-type function of WordPress and includes featured-image, video, image and gallery posts. It integrates tags, categories, post titles, and more. Published posts are set to “pending for review”. The plugin enables you to define if, your users need to be logged-in (Facebook, Google+, Email) or can post freely without login. Our Google Captcha integration filters unwanted spam. Logged-in users have the possibility to edit their profile settings in the front-end profile editor and change their profile picture without the need of a Gravatar account. The can edit their bio, website and social links in the profile front-end editor as well. Happy contributing!
If you found a bug or if you have ideas, add them to the GitHub issue tracker. We’ll also keep a list of tasks there.
Features Submission Form
- Let visitors submit posts from anywhere on your site
- Choose if guest posts can be submitted with or without login (Facebook, Google+, E-Mail).
- Option to choose post format of the guest post (Supported: Standard, Image Post, Video Post, Gallery)
- Option to use WP’s built-in rich text editor for post content
- Use shortcode to display the submission form anywhere
- Includes Google captcha to stop spam
- Post submissions may include title, tags, category, author, url, post, videos and image(s)
- Redirect user to anywhere or return to current page after successful post submission
- Drag n’ Drop image posting
- Assign an author to the guest posts
Features Social Login
- If you choose to enable social login your users can register with Facebook, Google+ or E-mail (More social login features coming up)
Features User Profile
- Your users/guest posters have the possibility to choose their own Gravatar
- Users/guest posters can add their bio
- Users/guest posters can integrate their social media links (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Website)
- Users/guest posters edit their display name and name
Planed for upcoming versions
- Control which fields are displayed in the submission form
- Choose which categories users are allowed to select
- Assign submitted posts to any registered user
- Customizable success, error, and upload messages
- Option to use classic form, HTML5 form, or disable only the stylesheet
- Upload the
/contributer/directory to your plugins folder and activate
- Go to the “Contributer Panel“ settings Page and customize your options
- Display the submission form on your page(s) using the shortcode
Displaying the submission form
- To display the form on a post or page, use the shortcode:
Displaying the front-end profile editor
- To display the profile on a post or page, use the shortcode:
- Does the plugin work with my theme
Contributor is designed to work with any compatible theme running and it uses the WordPress custom post types function. Some themes don’t use custom post types, so check if these are enabled.
- What about security and spam?
Contributor uses the WordPress API to keep everything secure, and includes Google captcha and hidden fields to stop spam and bots. It’s strongly recommend to use Google captcha even though the plugin will work without it.
- Where can I get support
We’re here to help you and really want to improve the plugin. Please drop us an EMail or go to the support tag.
First of all, thank you for the great job.
Second, I hope you will continue develop the plugin, as I believe it could be a real winner.
If that is the case, I would suggest to make possible to let the front-end user choose from already preset tags, as it seems to me, there is a growing tendency for tags to displace categories completely.
OK, I’ve rated my own plugin. I hope I won’t burn in WordPress Hell (Where you’re only aloud to surf Typo3 Websites)
Contributors & Developers
“Contributer – Guest Posting” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release