Simply put, Content Icons is a tool that an author can use to assign “icons” or “images” to individual posts…
Similar in idea to having Topic Icons. However, biggest difference being, topic icons only display icons that are
related or associated with the category (Hence Topic Icon). Content Icons allows author to assign icons such that
a reader can readily make an association with the post.
Simply put, Content Icons is a tool that an author can use to assign “icons” or “images” to individual posts.
Where Can I get the Icons From?
I got all my icons from Icon Archive That’s just one place… I am sure there are plenty more
sites where you can get free icons/images for use with this plugin. (remember, the file type has to be either
jpg, jpeg, gif, or png)
I wanna learn how to develop plugins!!
Glad to know, that you would like to learn! You can actually go to the following site: [GuidesForge]
As the title link suggests, for this particular guide I have detailed out this very plugin. I go through each step and show exactly
how one should go about developing plugins for WordPress 2.7.
- Please direct all your ‘feature requests’ at the Plugin Home Page
- In the future version, I am planning on adding Internationalization support
So, if someone can help with translations, that would be great!
Please direct all bug reports at the Project’s Home Page
- Download and Extract the zip file.
- Upload the content-icons folder in the plugins directory (ROOT/wp-content/plugins/)
- Login as Admin and go to the Plugins Management Area
- This Plugin (“Content-Icons”) should be visible > Activate it
++ 5. Upload your desired icons/images inside the upload directory (ROOT/wp-content/uploads/cicons/)
— 5.a. This directory should be created for you when you activated this Plugin
- That’s it! now, whenever you go to add new post or edit existing ones, you should
see a section labeled “Content Icons” on right side of the screen.
Please refer to the Project’s Home Page