THIS PLUGIN IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BECAUSE THIS ONE IS, WELL, COOLER: http://tinyurl.com/3m46xjf
Based on the jQuery plugin by the amazing Steve Fenton, this plugin creates a slick footer on your site what fades in when the page is loaded. It was created by Pingable.org. Documentation is available here
You can adjust the color, opacity and size of the footer which will stick to the bottom of the browser window, regardless of where the user scrolls on your page.
This is a terrific option for drawing attention to important updates, asking users to follow you on Twitter, or virtually unlimited uses.
This plugin can also be used to:
- Encourage user conversion/action
- Prompt social media following like Twitter, RSS, etc.
- Indicate a new service/page/post
- Share important site news
- Offer incredibly valuable advertising space
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents and upload into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin in your WordPress Dashboard
- In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to “Plugins > Add New”
- Search for “Constant Footer” and find this plugin in the WordPress plugin directory
- Click “Install”
- I have installed the plugin and activated it, but nothing is showing up on my site.
The plugin looks for a div ID of “footer” which is included with 95% of all WordPress themes. If the footer is not showing up, view the source of your site. If there is no div ID of “footer”, the plugin will not appear. You can simply insert a div with the id “footer” to make it work.
- Why is there a DashBoard widget with updates from Pingable?
This plugin was released for free as a means of helping our readers and to promote Pingable.org. We would love it if you kept the widget in place and browsed our content from time to time. However, if you don’t want the widget, find the code in the plugin files that says “Begin Dashboard RSS Widget”. You can remove this segment of code without harming the other functions of the plugin.
- How much does this plugin cost?
Nothing! It is completely free as our gift to you. However, it took lots of time and a little $$ to develop so if you would like to show your appreciate by sending a small donation, it will help to further the development of the plugin and Pingable.org. Simply click the button below to send us a small donation. And thank you in advance!
Contributors & Developers
“Constant Footer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed directory issue resulting in broken options page.
- This is the first version of the plugin.