Save bandwidth by easily blocking links to video, audio, and other files from unapproved 3rd-party sites.
- Choose from a list of common file extensions and include your own
- Allow linking from multiple authorized websites
- Selectively control direct linking
- Generate the rules for your
.htaccessfile with minimal effort
This plugin modifies the site’s .htaccess file and requires mod_rewrite or compatible modules like ISAPI_rewrite for IIS.
This plugin was inspired by the Hotlink Protection plugin. There was a need for a more flexible implementation and so this plugin was created.
For most, the built-in plugin installation system for WordPress will be all you need.
Alternately, uploading the zip file to the installer should also work. For those who prefer manual installation:
configurable-hotlink-protection.zipand upload the contents into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure options under
Settings -> Hotlink Protection
- Ask questions and we’ll try to answer them.
Contributors & Developers
“Configurable Hotlink Protection” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Settings page layout improvements
- Added screenshot
- Initial release