This sidebar widget uses Google images to find a totally random image from the web and display it on your site.
Give it a try! It adds a little fun and spontaneity to any site or page.
- The widget can be styled with CSS.
- Uses php cUrl to connect to Google’s API.
- Seeds the search with the first sentence from a random MLIA quote.
- Options for widget title, show caption, and show description.
Check it out!
By installing this plugin you are accepting all responsibility for the random images that show up
on your site. The author is not responsible in any way for anything that happens as a result of the
completely-random-widgetfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to a sidebar in the ‘Widgets’ page in WordPress
- Choose a title and options, hit save, and volia!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Completely Random Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added default options.
- Changed &OpenCurlyQuote to the regular double quote character (IE fix).
- Added external link option. You can now have the image link to a) the site the image was found on b) the full-size image or c) have no link at all.
- Added option to anonymously share server info with the developers to help with development (This will send stats one time only and then the option will disappear).
- Fixed header problem.
- Added options for title, caption, and footer.
- Initial release