The Comments with OpenId plugin allows the user to provide his/her details via all the famous
OpenID service providers (Google, Yandex, LiveJournal etc.) while commenting.
A working example of the plugin can be found on http://unixpin.com
- Download and activate the plugin OpenId ( https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openid/ )
- Download the plugin file
- Extract the archive contents to the wp-content/plugins folder i.e. wp-content/plugins/comments-with-openid
- Login to WordPress Administration Center
- Activate the plugin ( Menu ‘Plugins’->’Comments with OpenId’->Activate )
- In menu ‘Settings’->’Discussion Settings’ enable checkboxes ‘Enable OpenID for comments’ and ‘Do not require name and e-mail for comments left with a verified OpenID’
- Add the following line in wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME/comments.php between ‘name-email-url’ and ‘comment’ fields:
Or enter your OpenId URL:
For more details, please visit: http://www.unixpin.com/wordpress/2009/11/16/wordpress-plugin-comments-with-openid
- What are the plugin requirements?
This plugin requires OpenID plugin to be installed.
- I have a question/I want to add X OpenID provider?
Contact to me at http://www.unixpin.com/wordpress/2009/11/16/wordpress-plugin-comments-with-openid/
- How to setup not require name and e-mail for comments left with a verified OpenID ?
Login to wordpress as admin
Select checkboxes “Enable OpenID for comments” and “Do not require name and e-mail for comments left with a verified OpenID”
Contributors & Developers
“Comments with OpenId” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Correct mail.ru OpenId provider
- Add mail.ru OpenId provider
- Correct error with image path
- Add several OpenId provider ( wordpress, yahoo, Technorati, Vidoop, Verisign, AOL )
- First version