This wordpress plugin lets your feed visitors write comments directly from your feed and shows each post comments on post feed. There is no need for your feed subscribers to visit your blog post for reading commnets.
What’s New in version 1.2.1
* Added support for wordpress 4.5
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
This is truly a hidden diamond of a plugin.
Even though it has not been updated for 2 years, it still works flawlessly:
All blog comments are automagically included with the RSS/Feedburner feeds.
Not just that, but recipients can reply to the Feedburner Email feed by clicking the the “Reply” link. This opens a browser window to enable a reply.
The reply shows up instantly in the comment queue on the blog. In our case, we have a moderated blog that received a lot of comments daily, and a comment made through “Comments on Feed” shows up instantly in the moderator queue.
There’s nothing even remotely like this in the whole plugin directory.
I can’t understand why there are not more reviews and/or installs!
Update April 2017: We run this plugin on a very busy site, with about 10,000 Feedburner email subscribers, and the plugin still runs flawlessly.
Contributors & Developers
“Comments On Feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added support for wordpress 4.5
- New comment read and send short url
- Jalali Date support for persian users
- Auto update the feed output and ping feedburner and other ping services.
- Add German Translation.
- Fixed a translation bug in English language.
- Fixed a bug on showing “view more comments” options on the feed.
- Add a graphical button for write comment link
- Add an option to set the button position
- Support for using your own buttons.
- Fixed a bug when the quick write button did not show on posts with no comments.
- Fixed a bug on e quick form template
Add a quick form to write comments on each post.
Add a link to view more comments on each post.
- Add Polish Translation
- base version