Comment Redlist is a WordPress plugin that blocks comment spam before it is inserted into your database.
Manage your Comment Redlist settings on the Settings > Discussion page, or on the plugin’s dedicated options page, located in the Settings menu.
For more information, check out http://blog.skunkbad.com/wordpress/the-comment-redlist-plugin.
- Comments blocked by word, character sequence, or IP address.
- Blocked comments can be logged for debugging or your general information.
- Optional setting provides spammer with zero feedback, instead of an error message.
- Optional setting restricts comments to US keyboard characters, or any regular expression.
- Optional setting removes your comment form’s Website field, and blocks any comment that contains one.
- Who is this plugin aimed at?
This plugin is aimed at nearly every WordPress user. Nobody wants spam.
- Why are there no Questions here?
Because no-one has asked me.. Ask me a question by going to the Brian’s Web Design Contact Page
- Serbian language translation files added
- Spanish language translation fixed
- Spanish language translation files added
- Debug mode now enabled via options page / settings page. Previously only set as private class member.
- Session cookie name for token usage now changed via options page / settings page. Previously set in lang.php.
- Existing feature that blocks submissions with Website field now will remove the field if it has not already been removed. Technically it is replacing it with a hidden form field, which is a perfect trap for many bots.
- Fixed dedicated options form. Uskeys removed, URL added back in.
- Better options for character restriction
- Fixed bug where all error messages were the same
- Initial Commit to SVN