Comment Rating Field adds a 5 star rating field to the end of a comment form in WordPress, allowing the site visitor to optionally submit a rating along with their comment. Ratings are displayed as stars below the comment text.
Comment Rating Field Pro
Comment Rating Field Pro provides additional functionality:
- Choose Maximum Rating Scale: You’re not restricted to a 5 star rating scale; choose a maximum between 3 and 10
- Unlimited Rating Fields for any Post Type: Add more than one rating field to your comment forms for Pages, Posts and/or Custom Post Types
- Different Rating Fields by Post Type and Taxonomy: Each rating field group can be targeted to a specific Post Type and/or Taxonomy, allowing different fields for different sections of your web site.
- Google Rich Snippet Support: Choose a schema (e.g. Review, Product, Place, Person) for your Ratings. Visitors can see the average rating on your Google search results.
- Retina Ready, Any Color and Size: Editable styling options include star/bar foreground and background colors, as well as star size.
- Rating Field Placement: Rating fields on your comment form can display before all fields, before the comment field or after the comment field.
- Rating Control: Disable ratings on replies, limit the number of ratings per User per Post.
- Manage Reviews: View and edit ratings in the WordPress Admin when editing a Comment.
- Jetpack, WooCommerce and Simple Comment Editing Support: Pro is compatible with Jetpack, WooCommerce and SCE.
- Rating Output: Average ratings can be displayed in excerpts, content and/or RSS feeds. Choose to display average rating, rating breakdown, number of ratings.
- Amazon Bar Chart Style: Ratings can be output in a bar chart breakdown style, similar to Amazon.
- Filter Comments: Users can click an average rating breakdown (e.g. 5 stars), to see all comments with a 5 star review.
- Shortcodes: Use a shortcode to display the rating output anywhere within your content, for any Post ID.
- Widgets: Use a shortcode to display the rating output anywhere within your content, for any Post ID.
- Functions: For developers not using comment_form() and wp_list_comments(), PHP functions are supplied to easily output average ratings, ratings on comments and rating fields within your custom implementation.
We will do our best to provide support through the WordPress forums. However, please understand that this is a free plugin,
so support will be limited. Please read this article on how to properly ask for WordPress support and get it.
If you require one to one email support, please consider upgrading to the Pro version.
We produce free and premium WordPress Plugins that supercharge your site, by increasing user engagement, boost site visitor numbers
and keep your WordPress web sites secure.
Find out more about us at wpzinc.com
- Upload the
comment-rating-field-pluginfolder to the
- Active the Comment Rating Field Plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
Comment Rating Field Pluginmenu that appears in your admin menu
This is just one more of those “marketing” plugin where the author just wants you to upgrade to “Pro”. This plugin doés not even offer basic features. Basically ALL features are considered “premium”.
Either make a real plugin, or leave WordPress.org repository and sell your “premium” on the open market instead.
EDIT: After speaking with author over email, we came to the conclusion that the plugin actually have a bit too few free features, and could probably benefit from being updated with a few more available features.
Author was helpful enough on showing the functions for meta keys that I was looking for in another plugin. I will test this later, and see if it works out.
Não funciona na versão free
As it says in title. Time is money. wouldn’t display, no instruction/info so moved on to another option.
I’m building site using wordpress and woocommerce. In my store I’m using comment rating field pro plugin, and my problem how to set position post comment rating star after short description? Thank you before
As promised I would like to update my rating. I went to the support tab and found trouble shooting in a previously answered inquiry.
This plugin has a conflict with jetpack comments but worked as promised once I deactivated the jetpack comments.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the support was actively being resolved. My current project is for a small group of kids so free version is perfect. I would happily consider pro version if I find I need more features in the future on this or other projects.
Contributors & Developers
“Comment Rating Field Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix: Undefined variable errors
- Fix: Only display Review Helper for Super Admin and Admin
- Added: Review Helper to check if the user needs help
- Added: Using Pro core codebase and UI for basic features. Fixes several oustanding bugs
- Updated: Dashboard Submodule
- Fix: On new installations, enable for Posts by default to avoid possible confusion that the plugin does not work
- Fix: Changed branding from WP Cube to WP Zinc
- Tested with WordPress 4.3
- Fix: plugin_dir_path() and plugin_dir_url() used for Multisite / symlink support
- Added: Spanish translation
- Fix: Only calculate average rating from approved comments (some comments awaiting moderation were wrongly included in calculations previously)
- Fix: Changed Menu Icon
- Fix: WordPress 4.0 compatibility
- Fix: Removed unused admin CSS
- Fix: PHP warning on uninitialized $totalRating variable (props: tim.samuelsson)
- Added translation support and .pot file
- Fix: Better jQuery rating integration
- Removed reference to unused admin.js file
- Committed frontend.js; removed unused files
- Dashboard CSS + JS enhancements
- Fix: UI enhancements
- Fix: Upgrade link
- Version number in line with Pro version
- Fix: Enabled on Page option (ratings now display on Pages)
- Fix: CSS for some installations where rating numbers would display in front of stars
- Fix for WordPress 3.4 compatibility
- Removal of Donate Button
- On Activation, plugin no longer enables ratings on Pages and Posts by default
- Change: Average Rating displayed below content for better formatting and output on themes
- Fix: Language / localisation support
- Fix: Rating only shows on selected categories where specified in the plugin
- Fix: Recalculation of rating when comment removed
- Fix: Multisite Compatibility
- Fix: W3 Total Cache compatibility
- Pro Version Only: Support: Access to support ticket system and knowledgebase
- Pro Version Only: Custom Post Types: Support for rating display and functionality on ANY Custom Post Types and their Taxonomies
- Pro Version Only: Widgets: List the Highest Average Rating Posts within your sidebars
- Pro Version Only: Shortcodes: Use a shortcode to display the Average Rating anywhere within your content
- Pro Version Only: Rating Field: Make rating field a required field
- Pro Version Only: Display Average Rating: Choose to display average rating above or below the content
- Pro Version Only: Seamless Upgrade: Retain all current settings and ratings when upgrading to Pro
- Enable on Pages Option Added
- Enable on Post Categories Option Added
- Display Average Option Added – will display the average of all ratings at the top of the comments list.
- Donate Button Added to Settings Panel
- Change to readme.txt file for required ID on comment form.
- First release.