The Comment Form Message plugin allows you to add a custom message above or below your WordPress comments form on a sitewide and/or per post/page basis.
You can use it to inform your users about your comments policy, encourage them to subscribe to your blog feed/newsletter, motivate them to comment on your site, advice them to keep comments on topic etc.
The plugin has the following features:
- Set a sitewide message and/or a per post/page/custom-content-type message.
- Compose the message using a visual editor. Add links, images, formatting etc.
- Includes a dozen or so eye-catching icons that you can add to your message.
- Customize message box background and text colours, shadow effects and border.
How do I use it?
See the FAQ section for usage instructions.
Icons courtesy of Oxygen Icons at http://www.oxygen-icons.org/.
- How do I add a sitewide message?
To add a sitewide message go to your admin area > Settings > Comment Form Message. Then select the content types on which this message should appear and enter a suitable message. Make sure that you have selected yes to “Show sitewide message?”. Save the changes.
- How do I add a message on a specific post?
Edit the post or content type you want to add a message to and scroll down to the “Comment Form Message” box. If you can’t see that box select “Screen Options” from the top right corner and make sure “Comment Form Message” is checked.
- When I move the Comment Form Message box on the post edit screen I can no longer edit the message
This is a known issue and is because of a technical limitation in the use of the visual editor in a meta box. The convenience of the visual editor outweighs the downside of this bug.
To avoid this issue don’t move the comment form message box around. If you did move the box around just reload the page and it will be ok (save your post first if you like).
- What languages does this plugin support?
The plugin is in English by default but you can translate it to your language. The POT language file is located in the languages sub-directory.
Also the plugin uses abd_libs for admin options so you will need to translate the language file for that as well. You will find that in includes/languages.
Please share your language files (.po) for inclusion with the plugin. The plugin author monitors the support forum so just make a new thread there.
I find this plugin great! And the support is very friendly and helpfull.
Thank you very much!!!
Easy to use, nicely designed, user-friendly and customisable. I love it.
Initial release on wordpress.org