WordPress plugin that combines, minifies, and compresses JS files. The JS files that this plugin combines and minifies must be enqueued by using wp_enqueue_script. The plugin combines and minifies JS and writes the output into files in the uploads directory. This plugin uses jsmin.php – PHP implementation of Douglas Crockford’s JSMin. This plugin combines all local JS files into a single file and includes the file in the footer of the theme (requires wp_footer being used in your theme files). Also see the companion plugin, Combine CSS.
- option to change the JS domain if a CDN is used
- option to change how often JS files get refreshed
- option to exclude certain JS files from combining
- option to turn on/off GZIP compression
- option to move all enqueued JS files to the footer of the site
- option to turn on debugging
combine-jsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- JS is not working properly after activating the plugin. What can I do?
Thought Google Page Speed is saying the JS files could be compressed more.
Contributors & Developers
“Combine JS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- fix flock warning spotted by Manuel Razzari on wpengine.
- Added html output compression and fixed tmp dir issue spotted by jprado.
- Fixed issue related to moving all js to footer and ignore files.
- Changed explode to regex split for ignore list based on feedback from ckgrafico.
- Added option to move all js to footer.
- Optimized how js files are gathered and combined. Added more debugging and created a few functions.
- Added back header & footer js inclusions.
- Have js.php use the conditional tmp path.
- Fix system tmp directory path.
- Use system tmp directory if plugin dir is not writable.
- Additional fix to tmp directory creation; change mkdir to wp_mkdir_p.
- Fixed issue with auto creation of tmp directory.
- Fixed notices and warnings in error log.
- Simplified functionality by including one single JS file in the footer of the site.
- Fixed notices and warnings in error log (thanks to pha3z).
- Added glob function to remove cached files when settings saved.
- Fixed php warning: Warning: Missing argument 2 for CombineJS::compress()
- Created standalone script with token argument to serve combined CSS file.
- Created tmp directory that allows WP settings to be stored in a file.
- Fix mime type
- Change class file name
- First release!