This plugin adds an editor button that will let you use the great CodeMirror editor to edit the HTML code of your posts.
This editor supports code coloring and automatic tag closing on a big editor that will let you write beautiful code on your WordPress posts.
Probably the best choice if you need to use complex HTML on your posts, or just enjoy writing in plain HTML.
- Upload the plugin
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Done! You can use it
- What browsers can run CodeMirror?
The following desktop browsers are able to run CodeMirror:
- Firefox 3 or higher
- Chrome, any version
- Safari 5.2 or higher
- Opera 9 or higher (with some key-handling problems on OS X)
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher in standards mode.
- Internet Explorer 7 (standards mode) is usable, but buggy.
- How can I contribute with an idea or feature request? Where can I report bugs?
Checkout my project repository on GitHub
Contributors & Developers
“CodeMirror for Post Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Backwards compatibility fix for WordPress 3.8
- Fixed for compatibility with WordPress 3.9
- Optimized loading of some scripts
- Changed the toolbar icon for one of WordPress Dashicons
- Some very minor styling fixes
- Updated CodeMirror version to 3.2.0
- Fixed z-index issues with the new WordPress image library (and… using the new library methods instead of the old uploader)
- Load scripts on all post-types
- Fixes uncorrect line breaks inside lists and other elements
- First working version, fairly complete