CodeFlavors floating menu creates an animated multidimensional menu on the left or right side of a WordPress blog. Menu can be assigned directly from WordPress Menus.
- menu animation on page scroll; can be fixed, no animation, or can smoothly scroll up and down when scrolling window;
- menu position (left or right side of your blog);
- top distance – minimum distance from top of the window;
- menu title – if left not empty, the first item from the menu will be the text entered into this option.
- Documentation on plugin usage and CSS structure;
- Forum (while we try to keep up with the forums here, please post any requests on our forums for a faster response);
Plugin was tested using WordPress 3.4.1 with theme TwentyEleven in FireFox, Chrome and IE8. Other themes may not be CSS compatible with the plugin. If it’s your case, please post on CodeFlavors forums the theme you’re using, WordPress version and browser used to view the website.
The menu is not repsonsive and will most likely cause some reasonable punishment to your sites Google rating. The option to hide the menu on mobile devices does not work for over 2 years now. Support requests to this issue are constantly getting ignored. So basically it does what you expect from it, but I can not recommend it anymore as mobile aspects of websites have become to important by now.
I needed a "panic button" feature for a website helping people who have been abused. I put a question to the WPMUDEV community and this plugin was put forward.
It went in without a problem and now users have a "Quick Exit" feature in case the abuser is nearby.
Appreciate your work on this plugin.
1.1.5 – April 25th 2016
- Floating menu script stopps without errors if script parameters variable is not defined.
1.1.4 – January 20th 2016
- New filter “cfm_show_menu” that can be used to prevent the menu from being displayed (callback function should return false).
- Removed menu CSS styling that was preventing the menu from being displayed on scrrens < 960px wide
1.1.3 – October 8th 2015
- New option to keep menu into the same position within the page.
- Added translation file
- Translated to Romanian (ro_RO)
1.1.2 – March 18th 2013
- Solved IE9 menu animation bug (menu covered whole page).
1.1.1 – December 12th 2012
- Solves a problem regarding the use of wp_is_mobile() function within the plugin that issues a fatal error on some installations.
1.1 – November 23rd 2012
- Additional option to hide/show menu title
- Option to hide menu on mobile devices
- Added class “has-children” on elements having submenus and styles
1.0.1 – October 22nd 2012
- Solved Chrome/Safari bug on menu animation
1.0 – August 27th 2012
- Initial release