Code Explorer allows you to:
- Swiftly browse through the directories in your WordPress installation with an AJAX-driven interface.
- Securely edit theme and plugin files using WordPress core’s file editor. Since v1.4.0, you can also create empty files and folders inside the /themes and /plugins folders, which can then be edited.
This way, Code Explorer is a good alternative to a full-fledged File Manager if your primary focus is viewing code in WordPress core, themes or plugins. It may also be useful to enable quick prototyping of themes or plugins in your teaching / workshop.
- A nice review would be great!
- Give feedback and help improve future versions.
- Github repo to contribute code.
- Donate and support my work.
Check These Out Too
- System Dashboard: Central dashboard to monitor various WordPress components, processes and data, including the server.
- Variable Inspector: Inspect PHP variables on a central dashboard in wp-admin for convenient debugging.
- Database Admin: Securely manage your WordPress website’s database with a clean and user-friendly interface based on a custom-themed Adminer app. Only available on Github.
- Admin and Site Enhancements helps you to easily enhance various admin workflows and site aspects while replacing multiple plugins doing it.
- Flexible Scroll Top and Floating Share Buttons is a lightweight combo with minimalist UI.
How was this plugin built?
Code Explorer was built with: WordPress Plugin Boilerplate | wppb.me | CodeStar framework. Code Explorer is based on the Simple File Manager library by John Campbell.
Contributors & Developers
“Code Explorer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Code Explorer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed PHP Deprecated error related to usort() still returning true or false
- Fixed PHP Warning errors related to undefined variables
- Hide Screen Options panel
- Make height of file/code viewer as tall as the content lenght to allow for proper next/previous clicking of in-browser searching
- Fix for several PHP warning issues
- Fix CSS height issue of the file/code viewer
- Full fix for “Create file” / “Create folder” buggy interaction on click
- Improve security by escaping additional HTML attributes
- Partial fix for “Create file” / “Create folder” buggy interaction on click
- Implement ‘Delete’ link on a safe list of folders and files, which exludes WP core folders and files except for the content of /plugins and /themes folders. i.e. deletion of wp-admin folder and it’s content is not possible.
- Implement “Create file” and “Create folder” feature inside /themes and /plugins folders. Editing of files can then be done by core’s theme/plugin editor.
- Fix “Call to undefined function get_plugins()” error
- Replace prism.js with CodeMirror library for syntax highlighting
- Confirm compatibility with WordPress 6.0
- Enable editing of theme and plugin files using WordPress core’s theme/plugin editor when it’s not being disabled via the DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT constant.
- Only load CSS and JS files on Code Explorer page.
- Initial stable release. Implement directory browsing with file viewing, download and deletion.