This plugin allows you to make multiple front end websites from just a single, simple installation of WordPress.
Suppose you have a WordPress site example.com. It contains 100 posts. You want to show some of them on cars.example.com, some on my-super-domain.com and some posts on mobiles.example.com. See? you can show content across multiple subdomains and even on separate domains.
How to do it? Very simple. To setup a new subdomain for example cars.example.com, do the following:
First point cars.example.com to your main website server. This may require changing of DNS records. On many hosting providers this process is called create a “Domain Alias”. The target is that if you browse your new domain or subdomain, it should show the content as you see on your main site.
Create a new ‘Contributor’ type user.
Put https://cars.example.com in site url field and save.
Now, go in Posts and set that author to those posts which you want to show on cars.example.com.
That’s all. Now browse https://cars.example.com and you will see posts made by the contributor user of this site.
For more information or support, you can contact us at
If you want to create a true Multisite experience and if you want more features, please have a look here;
You may get features like the following with the premium version:
- Show a different page on home page
- Setting up WordPress differently for each site. For example, different permalink style for each website
- Having a different theme for each domain or subdomain
- Showing a different menu on each site
- Providing different Widgets on different sites
- Want to use WooCommerce and create a Multi store, Multisite, Multi vendor website
- Showing different products on each store or vendor site
- Different WooCommerce settings for each store. For example, different shipping and tax rates for each store.
and many many more…
- Upload plugin directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Do I need to edit my theme files or any other WordPress core files?
Ans. No. It works out of the box.
- Do I need to install WordPress in Multisite mode?
Ans. No. Just a single, simple WordPress is required.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“CM Multisite-Lite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“CM Multisite-Lite” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “CM Multisite-Lite” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.