Simple, option-less (yeah, that’s a feature), plugin to make TinyMCE – the WordPress Visual Editor – easier for clients and n00bs. It removes a bunch of TinyMCE features that could potentially be used by inexperienced clients to screw-up the theme developers hard work! It also makes TinyMCE remove the nasty formatting when you paste content directly in it – so, there is no need to use the “paste from Word” or “paste from text” buttons!
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enjoy the simplified Visual Editor
- What buttons are kept in the Editor?
- Strike Through
- Format (h2, h3, h4, Paragraph, Code)
- Unordered Lists
- Ordered Lists
- Link Buttons
- Horizontal Line
- More Tag
- Full Screen mode
- Where are the plugin options?
This plugin has no options. That is a feature! Just activate it and enjoy the simplicity.
- Does it do anything else?
When you paste text directly into the visual editor, all formatting gets removed automagically! There’s no need to teach clients to use the “Paste as Text” or “Paste from Word” buttons (which I always found hard to get people to remember using them).
This is one of my new favourite plugins. Gone are the days of idiots sticking hideous colour schemes and weird unwanted code into pages via the visual editor 🙂
Thank you for this great plugin!
Really nice, simple and effective! Often i need to tell clients not to touch some of the things, but this is really make it easier. Good job on this one and I hope, that you gonna update this for every new version of WP :>
Contributors & Developers
“Client-proof Visual Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated WordPress version tested up to 4.2.
- Updated WordPress version tested up to 4.1
- Cleaned up code and added some comments
- Fixed the fullscreen button (using TinyMCE’s fullscreen mode, not the WordPress Distraction-Free mode.)
- Updated WordPress version tested up to.
- Updated code to fix bug with second row of buttons showing up sometimes.
- Updated code to add full-screen mode button and update version compatibility to WordPress 3.8
- Plugin creation