Click2Refer plugin lets the blog readers to lookup the Wordnet dictionary just by a double click on the word they want to refer.
This will take in a floating window into your blog upon the first double click.
New feature on Version 1.4
The Wordnet dictionary is provided through Google App Engine Service with a very low downtime.
Note: In this 1.4 version, we have discontinued the multilinugal service temporarilly because of some limitations.
How it works:
Upon installing this plugin, a message will appear below the title of your blog entries.
An image will be displayed below the title of your blog. Clicking the image will let the readers about the dictionary reference by a dialog window. It can be customized through Settings.
When the blog readers want to lookup a word in dictionary, they just need to make a double click on the word.
A floating window will pop into the blog page. It will display the meanings and examples of the word double clicked.
The floating window remains in the screen till exiting that blog entry page.
Your blog readers can make further references easily.
Readers can also lookup by entering the word in the lookup text box of the floating window.
Readability of your blog can be improved.
Blog readers will find it easy to refer.
Readers need not switch between windows or tabs to get the reference.
The total size of the plugin loaded into blog is less than 90 KB.
Plugin is cached by all browsers, so blog readers will find it loaded quickly when they make successive visit in your blog.
Settings Panel: (since version 1.1)
The message bar appearing below the blog title can be customized to fit your WordPress theme through the Settings Panel of the Click2Refer plugin.
The following can be modified in the message bar,
- Information text in the message bar
- Dictionary selection (Since version 1.2)
- The alignment of the information image (Since version 1.3)
No of references made in your blog through Click2Refer can be viewed through Settings
For further details please http://blog.click2refer.com
We warmly welcome your feedbacks about this plugin. It will help us improve the plugin.
How to change the dictionary to be used?
By default the Wordnet dictionary will be used. When you want to change it, you can make it through “Settings” menu.
How could I know my blog readers are using Click2Refer?
The number of words referenced through Click2Refer can be viewed in WordPress Admin Dashboard.
Is this injecting any harmful code into blog?
No, the plugin simply appends the message bar below the blog title and loads the plugin script.
- Alignments were corrected in this version.
- Click2Refer Wordnet 3.0 Service is provided through Google App Engine.
- Option in settings to enable Click2Refer of WordPress pages
- Optimization of the core word reference functions
- No of reference count is added to dashboard of blog
- An image is added rather than text to inform user about the service.
- No of references can be viewed in settings.
Problem in loading the plugin under different permalinks is addressed.
- Support for multilingual dictionary added.
- Settings panel added with option to change the dictionary type.
- Word’s definition fetching time is reduced and made reliable.
- Settings panel added to modify the message bar.
- Few validations, interactions and interface changes are made.
Directory mismatch problem resolved and message appears now. Tested.
Version with standard features working.