This plugin creates custom post type with geo locations for back end data entering, Google Maps Api v3 is used to display geo posts onto a map with clickable markers overlay, geo posts html content then can be displayed in a popup window.
Without any change this tool can be used to build a store locator or any other location related map application for your wordpress site.
- It is using custom post type, no extra table is created
- Custom post fields are defined in a config file, easy to change
- Built in geo coordinates finder from a location using Google maps api geo service
- Marker overlay with customizable text and icon
- Popup window is html content which can be entered from admin page with little html knowledge
- Categorized geo posts are supported out of box
- Categories are used as map legends and customizable
- It is using v3 of Google maps api, no key is needed.
- Image field with wordpress built in media up loader is supported through meta box 10.All scripts and styles are only exported to the map page.
Features only available for premium version:
- Search based on category
- Fast proximity search with km or miles
Any issues or need help: contact me.
- Upload this directory to your plugins directory. It will create a ‘wp-content/plugins/cleancode-geo-posts-plugin/’ directory
- WordPress users should go to their Plugins page and activate “CleanCodeNZ Geo Posts Plugin”.
- Now go to Settings->CCNZGeoPosts, enter the default zoom level, latitude and longitude for Google maps, and title of the page you want the map on
- Now go to Geo Posts->Add new, these posts should appear on the map of the page you have set in step 3
- Then browse to your map page whose title you have entered in step 3 to see those posts you entered in step 4 to appear on map, have fun.
Where can I find help for this plugin
You can find more information of this plugin from CleanCodeNZ Geo Posts Plugin
Demo from CleanCodeNZ Geo Posts Plugin Demo:Photo Spots Of New Zealand
Contributors & Developers
“CleanCodeNZ Geo Posts Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
Warning: Backup your config file ‘geoposts-config.php’ before upgrade.
- Fixed bug of hard coded Location path
- Fixed bug of map not showing if no options set
- Premium with proximity search