This plugin allows you to define the custom field to be attached to a page to be excluded from navigation and(or) search results.
As the exclusion is done through highly optimized cached general wordpress query, and queried once for even hierarchical data, this would provide best performance and scalability.
It is using custom fields without creating field or table, it is done in the most unobtrusive way.
Pages that have parent and child relationships are fully supported without any hassle.
Any issues: contact me.
- Upload this plugin to your plugins directory. It will create a ‘wp-content/plugins/cleancodenzexlp/’ directory
- WordPress users then can go to their Plugins page and activate “CleanCode NZ Exclude Pages Plugin”.
- Now go to Settings->CleanCodeNZEXLP, type in custom field name and value pair for pages to be excluded.
- That is all it needed for it to work
- What happens for parent and child pages
- When parent is excluded, child page is excluded, ==> neither appears
- When parent is excluded, child page is not excluded, ==> only child page will appear
- When parent is not excluded, child page is excluded, ==> only parent page will appear
- When parent is not excluded, child page is not excluded, ==> both parent and child page will appear
- What do the options mean
- Exclude from search too =1 , Exclude from search only =1 ==> Exclude from search results only
- Exclude from search too =1 , Exclude from search only =0 ==> Exclude from both navigation and search results
- Exclude from search too =0 , Exclude from search only =1 ==> Exclude from search results only
- Exclude from search too =0 , Exclude from search only =0 ==> Exclude from navigation only
It is obvious not the smartest way to configure two exclusions, but has to be done like this to make it backward compatible.
- Where can I find help for this plugin
You can find more information of this plugin from CleanCodeNz Exclude Pages WordPress Plugin
Contributors & Developers
“CleanCodeNZ Exclude Pages Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.0 : First release
1.1.0 : Exclude from search feature added.
1.2.0 : Parent and child pages support added.
2.0.0 : Exclude from search results only is added, so now this plugin can be used for exclude from navigation or exclude from search results or both.