Clean-contact hides itself from spam-bots and optionally will filter messages using Akismet. Capctha and skill testing questions not required.
The plugin has minimal configuration and can be used out of the box. It is intended to be a simple contact form that is familiar to your users, and doesn’t require them to jump through hoops to send you an message.
- A clean and simple contact form that users understand.
- Shortcode support.
- Spam protection including Akismet filtering.
- No clunky Capctha.
- Supports multiple recipients and configurable subject and prefix, CC & BCC.
- XHTML compliant.
- Supports custom styling using CSS.
This plugin is licensed under GPL v2.0 and is made available by the Checkfront Online Reservation System.
Clean-contact can be translated using the provided pot file. If you would like to contribute a translation file, please let me know (use the contact address in the translate.txt file).
- Configure the the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ / ‘Clean-Contact’ menu in WordPress
- Invoked on any page or post via the shortcode:
- You can override the settings in the plugin configuration, eg:
[clean-contact: prefix="help" email="email@example.com" thanks="Cheers!" bcc="firstname.lastname@example.org" thanks_url="/thankyou.html"]
Unzip into your
/wp-content/plugins/directory. If you’re uploading it make sure to upload the top-level folder. Don’t just upload all the php files and put them in
Activate the the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
If you wish to use Akismet filtering, make sure the Akismet plugin that comes with WordPress is activated and configured with your WordPress API Key.
- Can I add more options to the e-mail form
For now, keeping things simple, NO. There are lots of good plugins that allow you to do this. Clean-Contact was created to mimic what the user is use to when sending an email. May find a clean way to do this later.