This plugin replaces the default WordPress editor with CKEditor.
Looking for maintainers. If you would like to take over the development of this extension or just help in developing a component used by thousands of users, then please contact me: w.walc /at/ cksource.com.
The extension is currently not maintained. Use it at your own risk.
For anyone willing to contribute: the extension is now available on GitHub.
Anyone is welcome to contribute. Without your help the extension will not get any further updates.
What is CKEditor?
CKEditor is a text editor to be used inside web pages. It’s a WYSIWYG editor, which means the
text being edited looks as similar as possible to the page once published.
It brings to the web common editing features found on desktop editing applications like Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.
CKEditor is compatible with most internet browsers and operating systems, including:
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Google Chrome
Live demo is available at http://wordpress.ckeditor.com/.
- Replace the default WordPress editor with CKEditor
- Post comments with CKEditor to provide styled and colorful comments (optional)
- Built-in file manager and upload manager, also supports CKFinder – an AJAX file browser
- Built-in WordPress “read more” button
- Integration plugin for Viper’s Video Quicktags
- Integration plugin for Wp-Polls
- Integration plugin for GD Star Rating
- Integration plugin for NextGEN Gallery
- Integrated with WordPress media buttons
- Configurable output formatting
- Manage and insert smileys into your post
- Customizable toolbar buttons
- Customizable skin
- And more 🙂
- Upload this plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Check your account profile settings and uncheck option “Disable the visual editor when writing” if checked.
- To install CKFinder, please read ckfinder/readme.txt.
When upgrading from CKEditor For WordPress 3.6.3 to CKEditor For WordPress 4.0, make sure to clear browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete).
add custom fonts please!
CKEditor for WordPress е много лошо направен плъгин. Тествайте плъгина на новосъздадени страници и отделете достатъчно време, за да не се изненадате като мен, за част от опциите на редактора са бъгави и по-скоро чупят сайта.
Не мога да си обясня защо от “cksource” не са си направили труда на добавят линковете към страниците в сайта, а се налага да правя допълнителни действия – това е повече от нелепо – много непрофесионално.
Повече от това не си струва да пиша за този плъгин.
НЕ ЗАБРАВЯЙТЕ ДА ТЕСТВАТЕ НА НОВА СТРАНИЦА
1. Отворете си нова страница.
2. Тествайте всички опции, които ползвате
3. Тествайте и останалите опции
5. Вижте дали всичко е наред
8. отново точка 5
I downloaded and activated CK Editor, many troubles resulted from this :
– no menu button displayed while browsing on smartphone
– search and sorting facility no longer effective with tables created with TablePress
– media mp3 links no longer displayed correctly.
Disabling CKEditor fixes all these problems, CKEditor is [ redacted ]
I have installed it, but just didn’t work.
I bought custom template but doesn’t support single line paragraph (shift+enter). But using this plugin solved my issue
Contributors & Developers
“CKEditor for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
V126.96.36.199 – 04.09.2015
- Removed the assets folder that is not needed to reduced the size of the package.
V188.8.131.52 – 04.09.2015
- Fixed issue with calling is_plugin_active() outside admin pages that could cause fatal error.
V184.108.40.206 – 01.09.2015
- Security update: fixed reflected XSS caused by improper sanitization in the “built-in (old)” file browser.
V4.5.3 – 24.08.2015
- Fixed compatibility with WordPress 4.3.
- Fixed skins auto-discovery.
- Improved positioning of HTML and Visual tabs.
- Updated CKEditor to 4.5.3.
V4.4.5 – 30.10.2014
- Updated CKEditor to 4.4.5.
V4.4.4 – 18.09.2014
- Fixed compatibility with WordPress 4.0.
- Updated CKEditor to 4.4.4.
- Added Advanced Content Filter setting in Advanced Settings.
V220.127.116.11 – 15.07.2014
- Backported security patch from CKEditor 4.4.3.
V4.0 dev – 20.12.2012
- Enabled bidi buttons
V4.0 – 19.12.2012
- Updated CKEditor to version 4.0
- Set the default skin to Moono
- Modified the default toolbars
- Increased the default height of editor for comments
- Fixed image captions
- Fixed: CKEditor does not load when “external” plugin is enabled, but the required extension is not installed
- Minor fixes in the old built-in file browser
- Spellchecker plugins are now enabled in “Advanced Options”
V3.6.3 – 21.06.2012
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.6.3
- Fixed: CKEditor breaks ajax comment reply function on dasboard (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ckeditor-breaks-wordpress-built-in-ajax-reply-function?replies=2)
- Fixed: IE – remove image border when linked
- New feature: Add option to use CKEditor in excerpt field (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-having-ckeditor-for-excerpt).
- Fixed: Remove calling for non-existent css file
- Fixed bug with File Gallery plugin compatibilty: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-ckeditor-isnt-show-by-default-when-page-loads
- Changed default settings for CKEditor Output Formatting. This should fix problems with inserting YouTube videos to post.
- Fixed: CKFinder cannot use its config variable when this variable is object
- Refactor code: Changes leading spaces for tabs according to WordPress code syntax standard
- Fixed: Duplicate class attribute for image caption (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/image-attachment-class-problem)
- Fixed PHP E_STRICT warnings (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-strict-errors)
- Fixed PHP Notice: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in overview.php file.
- Fixed: Checking if SSL is being used (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-blank-white-edit-screen)
- Fixed look of plugin’s overview page
V18.104.22.168 – 23.02.2012
- Fixed: Call to undefined method _WP_Editors::editor_settings() (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-error-on-activation)
- Fixed: Fix notice error of auto detecting language when viewing website (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/throwing-notice-error-when-viewing-website)
- Fixed: Fix for hidden buttons below WordPress admin bar when ‘Maximize’ button is clicked
- Fixed: Fix support for NextGEN Gallery Plugin (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-ckeditor-and-nextgen-button-problem)
- Fixed: Fix support for gd-star-rating plugin
- Fixed: CKEditor plugin doesn’t work with latest qTranslate plugin (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-qtranslate-not-working)
- Fixed: Try to load nextgen plugin button when user has no permission to do so
- Fixed: CKEditor plugin, Uploading where admin is restricted to https
- Fixed error: ckeditor_wordpress::can_upload() is private
V22.214.171.124 – 13.12.2011
- Fixed problems with upgrade and working correctly in new WordPress 3.3 “Sonny”.
- Fixed problem with loading CKEditor inside element with id ‘content’ which is not textarea.
V126.96.36.199 – 01.12.2011
- This version of CKEditor for WordPress was released due to some issues with upgrading the plugin to version 188.8.131.52. The problem is now fixed.
- Fixed problem with NextGEN Gallery plugin (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-just-updated-to-ckeditor-3622-no-items-in-visual-editor)
V184.108.40.206 – 29.11.2011
- Fix for form token secure when browser send no http_referer
- Fix for qTranslate plugin support (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-cant-insert-image-or-another-html-tag-from-default-wordpress-media-uploader)
- Fix for plugin path (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin_path-doesnt-use-wp_plugin_url)
- Fix for html markups in image caption
- Fix for html entities in image caption
- Added support for language settings (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ckeditor-language-same-as-configphp-lang)
- Fix for CSS default WordPress theme (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/use-theme-css-should-work-fine-with-the-default-theme)
- Fix for unnecessary html entities change in text. Now it only occurs in shortcodes tags in  (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-using-html-entities-in-the-output)
V220.127.116.11 – 14.10.2011
- Added security fix (thx to Julio Potier from http://boiteaweb.fr)
- Fixed: Cannot reply to an existing comment (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-v362-cannot-reply-to-an-existing-comment)
- Fixed: CKEditor 3.6.2 update and qTranslate incompatibility (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-ckeditor-for-wordpress-ckedtior-362-update-and-qtranslate-incompatibility)
- Changed messages for CKFinder configuration
V3.6.2 – 15.09.2011
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.6.2
- Fixed: CKEditor is in read only state after closing WordPress gallery popup (iframe)
- Added support to “Custom fields template” plugin (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-field-template/)
- Refactor of functions used in WordPress gallery
- Added index.html files to directories to protect against directory listing
V18.104.22.168 DEV – 22.08.2011
- Fix to work when “After the Deadline” plugin is installed
V3.6.1 – 19.08.2011
- Plugin naming conventions changed to match CKEditor version
- Support for built-in WordPress file gallery added
- Support for managing images via WordPress added
- Shortcode support improved
V1.0.9 – 05.07.2011
- Added compatibility for WordPress 3.2
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.6.1
V1.0.8 – 10.05.2011
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.6
- Fixed error when calling undefinde getUserSetting function in ckeditor.utils.js
V1.0.7 – 08.04.2011
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.5.3
- Viper’s Video Quicktags – show buttons only from enabled options
- Successfully tested with WordPress 3.1
V1.0.7 DEV – 17.03.2011
- Viper’s Video Quicktags – show buttons only from enabled options
- Successfully tested with WordPress 3.1
V1.0.6 – 17.02.2011
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.5.2
V1.0.5 – 10.02.2011
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.5.1
V1.0.4 – 05.11.2010
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.5
V1.0.3 – 05.11.2010
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.4.2
- Corrected the default set of buttons that are available in comments
V1.0.2 – 21.09.2010
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.4.1
- Fixed qTranslate plugin compatibility
- Added Bidi (LTR/RTL) buttons to the toolbar
- Fixed: Reply to comment freezes unless source button is pressed
V1.0.1 – 14.06.2010
- Fixed usage of PHP short tag causing parse error
- Fixed “Read more” button
- Fixed issues when working with the qTranslate extension (unable to save edited content)
- Fixed issues with saving configuration files when using file editor
V1.0 – 11.06.2010
- Updated CKEditor to version 3.3.1
- Fixed issue with loading templates inside of CKEditor
- Fixed compatibility with qTranslate
- Added option to enable/disable SCAYT
- Improved compatibility with WordPress 3.0
- Fixed problem with MediaEmbed plugin (unknown variable ckeditorVariables)
- Fixed built-in file browser
V1.0 Beta2 – 17.03.2010
- Fixed compatibility with PHP4 and with disabled short tags
V1.0 Beta – 10.03.2010
- Inital beta release