A compendium of features below, details on Cavalieri.io › Cipher.
- ‘code’ and ‘pre+code’ QuickTags able to replace special characters with HTML entities.
- Auxiliary editor to insert/edit encoded snippets of code in the WordPress editor.
- Formatted chunks of code or pieces of code longer than 70 characters posted via the comment form are automatically wrapped in pre-code tags.
- Backticks to tag code within a comment.
- Special characters in code submitted through the comment form are replaced by HTML entities.
Upload in the ‘plugins’ folder and activate.
Contributors & Developers
“Cipher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- New: while clicking on ‘code’ or ‘pre+code’, the encoding of the selected text can be disallowed by holding the Alt key.
- Update: double and single quotes are no longer converted.
- Update: PHP 5.3 or later is needed.
- Update: WordPress 3.4 is the minimum supported version.
- Update: lowered to 70 characters the switch to the automatic “pre-code wrapping” of a piece of code posted via the comment form.
- Update: upgraded to GPL v3.0
- Improvements disseminated all over the plugin.