This plugin Override the wp_mail() function to use CheetahSender SMTP instead of wp_mail() function.
You should be a CheetahSender customer for using this plugin, you can’t define your own SMTP, for this you might use another plugin
You can set the following options:
- Specify the from name and email address for outgoing email.
- Choose to send mail by SMTP or PHP’s mail() function.
- Specify an CheetahSender port (defaults to 25).
- Choose SSL / TLS encryption
- Specify CheetahSender username and password linked to your inbound point.
Uninstallation and plugin deletion
- Deactivate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Delete the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. Notice that, it will reconfigure automatically the default SMTP WordPress Options.
- Upload to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- My plugin still sends mail via the mail() function
If other plugins you’re using are not coded to use the wp_mail() function but instead call PHP’s mail() function directly, they will bypass the settings of this plugin. Normally, you can edit the other plugins and simply replace the
wp_mail((just adding wp_ in front) and this will work. I’ve tested this on a couple of plugins and it works, but it may not work on all plugins.
- Will this plugin work with WordPress versions less than 2.7?
No. WordPress 2.7 changed the way options were updated, so the options page will only work on 2.7 or later.
- Can I add specific headers or attachments to all sent email from WordPress
No you can’t, WordPress do not actually propose those feature, hope it will in a next future ! Be sure, as if it would be available, it would be implemented ASAP 🙂
- Can I change the emails sent content
No, the only solution to do this is to override the functions that are located in wp-includes/pluggable.php which contains all these features. It’s up to you, by the way, it looks like hardcoding the WordPrfess Core.
Contributors & Developers
“CheetahSender For WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
V 1.0.1 :
translation in French and English
change url and email contact
V 1.0.0 : initial release