The parameters to display are controlled via the admin panel. There’s also an option to make chCounter invisible while active and counting
- Belorussian by FatCow
Most recent language files can be downloaded at http://svn.wp-plugins.org/chcounter-widget/i18n.
To install the plugin to the following steps
- Install chCounter via the webinterface http://www.yourDomain.tld/wp-content/plugins/chcounter-widget/chcounter/install/install.php (will give deprecated warnings you can ignore)
- Remove the folder “install” in the chcounter subdirectory
- Activiate the plugin via the admin plugin page.
- Go to Options –> chCounter Widget and set up the parameters to show on the front end
- Go to the widget page and add it to your sidebar. Don’t forget to set the title via the widget control panel
- How to diplay chCounter statically without using widgets?
Place the following code where you want to display chCounter
<?php chcounter_widget("chCounter Widget Title") ?>
A wonderful plugin deserves an update for 4.5.2 because I am still at 4.4.3 only and only because of this module!
Contributors & Developers
“chCounter Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- NEW: mobile responsive admin panel
- UPDATE: updated function visibilities
- UPDATE: updated translation template
- Not sure if previous changed got committed, therefore pushing new version
- BUGFIX: upgraded chCounter database class to use mysqli instead of deprecated mysql and make it compatible with PHP7
- some small fixes
- some small fixes
- BUGFIX: added htmlspecialchars to widget title when saving widget options
- NEW: multi-widget support
- CHANGED: using jQuery UI sortable in adminstration panel with smoothness theme
- CHANGED: slightly changed noticifcation if chCounter has not been installed yet
- UPDATE: some styling updates
- BUGFIX: use esc_url() on URLs
- BUGFIX: some small fixes
- BUGFIX: load stylesheet with lower priority = 1
- NEW: add warning and link to chCounter installation directory if it exists and link to delete it
- BUGFIX: add stripslashes to widget title
- BUGFIX: small fix in function parseString()
- BUGFIX: tiny fix
- BUGFIX: one small notice in widget control panel
- checked for security issues
- NEW: Compatible with WordPress 4.0.1
- NEW: Bundle chCounter 3.1.3 (fixed some deprecated issues) within plugin
- BUGFIX: escape html specialchars in $_POST variables for security
- NEW: Belorussian translation by FatCow
- REMOVED: chCounter bundle due to installation problems
- BUGFIX: german translation
- NEW: upgrade procedure to fix false counter url
* NEW: bundled chCounter with plugin
- BUGFIX: don’t display title element if empty
- CHANGED: full translation with WordPress
- CHANGED: backwards compatibility with PHP4
- BUGFIX: parameters
- CHANGED: styling on settings page
- NEW: support of all output values chCounter can display
- NEW: uninstallation hook for WP 2.7
- CHANGED: disabled uninstallation form in WP 2.7
- NEW: own capability to control access to plugin options page
- NEW: load scripts only on chCounter settings page
- CHANGED: uninstallation method to direct uninstallation and plugin deactivation
- BUGFIX: display widget statically
- NEW: Simplified static displaying of chCounter.
- CHANGED: Switched to using scriptaculous and prototype shipped with WordPress to reduce disk usage
- REMOVED: deleted scriptaculous and prototype files from plugin
- NEW: option to make chCounter invisible while active
- NEW: display chCounter statically without using widget.
- BUGFIX: compatibility with WordPress 2.5
- NEW: drag & drop sorting and activation of parameters
- CHANGED: styling like widgets in WordPress 2.3
- CHANGED: styling upgrade with own css file in respect to WordPress 2.5
- NEW: option to uninstall it upon plugin deactivation
- BUGFIX: widget was not displayed
- REMOVED: Took out automatic uninstallation upon plugin deactivation
- NEW: uninstallation of the plugin upon deactivation.
- NEW: option to set chCounter installation directory via the admin interface and simple sorting of parameters.
- First Release of the plugin.