Add live chat to your WordPress or BuddyPress sidebar, posts and pages. Chatroll can be fully customized to match your site’s design.
Easy to Install and Use
- Persistent, real-time chat for your WordPress pages, posts or sidebar
- One-line embed code install
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for seamless WordPress and BuddyPress profile integration
- Supports additional logins: Facebook, Twitter, Guest (anonymous)
- Clean, clutter-free user interface
- Install on posts and pages using the ‘chatroll’ shortcode
- Install on your sidebar using the Chatroll widget
- Customize colors, size and CSS to match your site’s design
- Available in 11 languages
- Moderation tools include: one-click message deletion, profanity filters, user banning and IP blocking
- Add administrators and moderators
- Robust private chat capabilities
- Manual approval mode for Q&A
- Pin status messages on top of the chat
- Works on ALL browsers and devices, including mobile and desktop
- HTML5 compatible – no Java or Flash necessary
- All traffic hosted on Chatroll’s servers for rock-solid performance
- On-demand scaling – Supports unlimited users in chat
- Automatic version updates – no manual updates required
chat, live chat, chatroll, sidebar, Facebook, Twitter, admin, WordPress chat, WordPress plugin, WordPress live chat, WordPress live chat plugin, BuddyPress chat plugin, BuddyPress live chat plugin, chat box, online chat, chat online, chat plugin, chat software, chat widget, chat system, moderated chat, private chat, css, custom css, customize css, analytics, white label, message history, scalable chat, video streaming, live video, live streaming, streaming, webcast, webcasting, livecast, commenting system, live event chat, engagement, engage, real time engagement, real time chat, live chat, live chat software, live chat services, live chatting, live help, live support, live web chat, livechat, php live chat, guest login, online chat, online support, support chat, single chat, single chat free, free chat, chatbox, commenting, commenting system, contact plugin, contact us, customer support, free chat, IM Chat, shoutbox, social, social chat, support software, website chat, widget
- Can I use more than one Chatroll widget in my site?
Yes, you can add as many Chatroll widgets as you want to your sidebar, posts and pages.
- How can I add a Chatroll widget to a post or page?
Use the ‘chatroll’ shortcode anywhere in a post or page. Click here to create a Chatroll. Choose the “WordPress Self-Hosted” instructions to install the plugin and get a shortcode to paste in your post or page.
- What are some ways I can use Chatroll?
Chatroll can be used in a wide variety of ways. Most commonly, it is used as a live chat for community-based sites. Here are a few common usages:
- Live audio chat – Host a radio show and put a chat next to your audio / podcast stream
- Live video chat – Host a video show and put a chat along side the video stream
- Live blogging – Use Chatroll to live blog an event, such as a conference or news announcement
- Community chat – Create a dedicated chat page for your site’s community
- Topic based chat – Embed multiple chats, one for each topic
- Private chat – Create a space for administrators, co-workers, or private groups to communicate
Chat works great! Easy to install and I like that it's a persistent chat on my site. Good range of customization options too.
Perfect for my needs.
- Tested on WordPress 4.7
- Add support for Ultimate Member plugin
- Add support for WP User Avatar plugin
- Tested on WordPress 4.6
- Update readme.txt
- Use PHP5-style constructor to fix warning on WordPress 4.3+
- Improved BuddyPress avatar support
- Tested on WordPress 4.4
- Enable HTTPS/SSL by default
- Tested on WordPress 4.3
- Fixed readme.txt
- Updated description and install instructions.
- Improved Gravatar support. Removed Curl dependency.
- Add support for Gravatars and local avatars.
- Improved install instructions.
- Improved widget instructions.
- Chatroll API updates.
- Added Chatroll SSO support.
- Original Version.