A plugin to manage memberships on your WordPress site with ChargeBee.
This plugin also helps publishers using WordPress to easily provide access/restrict content to subscribers using the plans configured in ChargeBee.
ChargeBee manages the entire subscription life-cycle starting from trial to paid to canceled and also freemium users. The plugin automatically updates changes that happen in ChargeBee to WordPress.
It also connects your subscribers to ChargeBee's customer portal in case you want to provide them with the option to manage their account. This includes viewing past payments, updating card details and also canceling their subscriptions.
What does the plugin do?
- The plugin acts as a paywall in resticting content to your users based on their pricing plans.
- Provides the option to add customers to a default plan during signup.
- Provides integration with other user registration plugins available in WordPress.
- Changes that takes place to subscriptions in ChargeBee are updated in WordPress. These changes are updated using webhooks.
- Connects to ChargeBee's customer portal for your users to easily access and manage their account and payment information.
Easy access to ChargeBee's features with URLs
The plugin includes URLs that can be used for specific functions such as changing an existing user's subscription to another plan and also to connect users to ChargeBee's customer portal. All this can be done within your WordPress site.
Easy integration with other user registration WordPress plugins
Additional information about the users can be passed to ChargeBee when a new user signups in your WordPress site.
Access users' ChargeBee meta information using filters
- apply_filter("cb_get_subscription", $user_id) - gives the user's subscription details present in ChargeBee. This will be in the ChargeBee Subscription object format.
- apply_filter("cb_get_customer", $user_id) - gives the user's customer details present in ChargeBee. This will be in the ChargeBee Customer object format.
- apply_filters("cb_get_user_plan", $user_id) - gives the current user's subscription plan ID in ChargeBee.
The plugin supports short codes that can be embedded into posts or pages on your site. This can be used to display messages or content to users based on their current plan. It can also be used to create a custom pricing page.
ChargeBee is an easy to use online billing platform for subscription businesses.
With ChargeBee you can:
- Manage trial and freemium subscriptions
- Automatically invoice your customers and collect payment
- Notify your customers during various stages of the customer life cycle using our email notifications
- Set up, run and manage different discount campaigns
- Use your choice of payment gateway. ChargeBee suppports Stripe, PayPal Pro, Braintree, Authorize.net, eWay and much more
- Automatically prorate subscriptions and also handle credits and refunds
- Create and manage offline subscriptions
- Completely customizable hosted payment pages and customer portal
- Handle EU VAT and general taxes
- Comprehensive API support with multiple client libraries
Find out more.